Today's teens and 80s fashion

Vicefan7777

"Looks like something out of my textbook. "

Liked the yellow shirt...

I remember a great conversation I once had in Sapporo on a bus at night about Wendy's Jazz Caps. Sigh.

IMO, the 80s fashion was great, especially compared to now. Nowdays most people don't even take time to really style their hair, they just go with whatever style is comfortable. Back in the 80s ( at least I got that impression) everything was heavily styled. I like it, because that makes life less mundane. Bottom line : 80s really had style which is easily recognizable ( big hair, belts,earrings, shoulder pads for women, mid-lengh hairstyles for men, often of mullet variety, rolled up sleeves, everything was cut rather "loose").

Today, it is really hard to tell what is truly "in". From 1990s onward minimalism has been reigning supreme!

Today, mens fashion is next to non-existant and women just look drab.

• Like 1

Glad to see the site is up again!The Vice style is still very much a style one can still wear.I haven't really bought any Vicy clothes lately but I'll soon get back to that :D Nobody really has teased me about the style yet so thats relieving.Sadly its the time to switch out the pastels and into darker colors :evil:

James, on 09 Nov 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Ugh... I hate the "Teens react" videos.

I know, they make you want to cringe - but they are somehow hypnotizing.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I know, they make you want to cringe - but they are somehow hypnotizing.

They make me glad that I'm not a teen anymore.

• Like 2

when those teen go old and their kids talk about now day fashion they will be rolling on the ground and laughing.because at least 80s had its own style,a strait line of being cool.it had power,glamour and including a bit of a rebel style,modern and colorful.neon lights,movies and the music all was combined to the fashion.and how teens dress up today?I rather do not want to talk about it :) and they dare to say that the 80s fashion was bad.some now day teens should get a good look in the mirror before going out somewhere.Touché! :cool:  

• Like 1

The girl who said she wears black 24/7  should realize that's very morbid for a young girl. Black is for funerals & Halloween.

The kids who have their pants dropping below their hips & a torn t-shirt should re-think how it measures up to the style of the '80s!