Looking for a MV Daytona replica!

Mvice8489

I think it's the one they used for stunts. There's a YouTube video about it when the current owners talk about how they got it and how they got it back in shape again afterwards. But the interior looks different to the original from the show, the shift knob for example. 

Edited by squeezem3

I’m confused. The car in the first link says it’s in Orlando. The Volo car in the video is in Illinois, and not for sale that I know of. 

Just now, Dadrian said:

I’m confused. The car in the first link says it’s in Orlando. The Volo car in the video is in Illinois, and not for sale that I know of. 

I agree, but how are the odds those are two different McBurnies from 1973? They may have relocated the car and put the horrible stickers off...

Guys, this is NOT the Volo car.   Dezer is a separate museum all together.

And I have been  informed that it was never on the TV show.   

It was rented to be used in a Pitbull video.  The video was on this forum earlier

It is not a McBurnie.  Car is worth $30K at best IMO

On 1/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Dadrian said:

To my understanding, the Volo car now looks identical to the way it did on screen, unlike this car in Orlando. Some of the Daytona experts here may be able to clarify. @Sonny-Burnett @volobrian

Dadrian, I recall Brian saying that he was planning to restore Car1 to its screen state, or as close as possible. I haven't kept current on this so we may need him to weigh in and hopefully post some pictures!   I for one would love to see how his car is coming along. :cool:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, squeezem3 said:

I think it's the one they used for stunts. There's a YouTube video about it when the current owners talk about how they got it and how they got it back in shape again afterwards. But the interior looks different to the original from the show, the shift knob for example. 

This is Car1, or the stunt car from the series as verified by its chassis and body vin numbers. This video was done well before Volo started on its renovation to return to the car to its screen appearance. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

On 1/21/2019 at 2:59 PM, squeezem3 said:

I agree, but how are the odds those are two different McBurnies from 1973? They may have relocated the car and put the horrible stickers off...

Car1 was built on a 1976 Corvette chassis. Car4, owned privately and known as the camera car, was built on a 1981 chassis just as mine also is. 

just for the record.  The Dezer car and the Volo car are two separate cars.  They don't even look similar.  Perhaps VoloBrian can shed some light on this subject when he gets us an update on their cars resto progress

• 2 months later...

Great minds think alike.  I've actually stared at the car many times as well!

BTW, I may have some "Ferrari news " for you guys in the next few days

Stay tuned :)'

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Dadrian, thanks for posting.

I'm personally not a fan of it. 

Wrong color....wrong seats.  Way to much work to even think of getting it looking   "right"  IMO.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hey guys. This car is geographically close to me. Any thoughts? Anybody know this car?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283985323903

@Sonny-Burnett @Mvice8489 @CameraDaytona @Pritt 

looks like a nice project car...at that price I don't think you could do much wrong buying it if runs ok. It has the correct Corvette seats, just needs custom leather covers, also the Vette dash instead of the Daytona replica. Also seems to have the right wheels. Wrong door handles but that can be fixed...hell I think if I'd be living nearby, I'd go and buy it right away. It's probably cheaper than a set of new brake disks for your Quattroporte.

I'm actually tempted to buy and ship it to Europe...here you'd have to put down about 25K for a car in that condition and probably spend another 25 on the required modifications.

check this and have your eyes ball out: https://www.autoscout24.ch/4106631

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hey guys. This car is geographically close to me. Any thoughts? Anybody know this car?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283985323903

@Sonny-Burnett @Mvice8489 @CameraDaytona @Pritt 

Not sure about this one. Fender flares look a bit narrow to be a McBurnie.   

Btw if you are looking I am going to be listing mine for sale. It's documented McBurnie in Black, with tan leather interior and faux Ferrari dash. I have much of the original paperwork from the original owner. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Not sure about this one. Fender flares look a bit narrow to be a McBurnie.   

Btw if you are looking I am going to be listing mine for sale. It's documented McBurnie in Black, with tan leather interior and faux Ferrari dash. I have much of the original paperwork from the original owner. 

Yeah please let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...