Miami in 'The Crew' video game.

James

• Administrators

This weekend, I've been lucky enough to play a BETA version of upcoming video game The Crew. So naturally the first thing I did was drive down to Miami, and recorded it to show you all what Miami looks like in this game.

Starting at Bayside Marketplace, cruising around Downtown, around the courthouse, and down to Ocean Drive.

I noticed a lot of buildings being reused in multiple locations, so it isn't 100% accurate, but you can expect that since they had to remodel the whole United States, basically.

• Like 3

That looks great. Thanks. They really captured Miami superbly. The next GTA should be Vice City again and should be like this

• Like 2

• Administrators

That looks great. Thanks. They really captured Miami superbly. The next GTA should be Vice City again and should be like this

Yeah it does. And I forgot to go to Little Havana, Little Haiti, Coral Gables, and Coconut Grove in this video. 

Rockstar would capture Miami even better. :p If they ever make another Vice City, I would hope they include The Everglades and The Keys like The Crew has. 

GTA V comes out on PC in a couple of months, it would be amazing if a modder converts this map into GTA. 

Hmm this is just a suspision, but I get the feeling looking at this that the design of the map of this is similar to that of the original map of miami for Reflections first driver game.

as something of the map just reminds me of how it looked back then, its either that or the map of driver 3 somehow, even thought it seems much more spartan than driver 1 map wise:

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Must be the squareness of it. 

And Reflections did make The Crew... So that might be why it has the same feeling as the Driver games.

• Administrators

@James could you record Ocean Drive on South Beach and Coconut Grove ?

Ocean Drive, Little Havana, Coral Gables, and Coconut Grove.

• Like 2