apparently the creator of the first video game console has passed

Kavinsky

Thought this was rather noteworthy, the video starts at 0:12 past the front roll credits

and to think 20 bucks back then was basically a 120.

He was really a visionary. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have had GTA Vice City, so thanks.

The Angry Video Game Nerd's episode on the Magnavox Odyssey was great, except for the Nerdy Turd which was gross.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

actually with the avgn, there was something he was doing on these little plastic portable toy consoles, Famicans I think? that you could get for like 15 or 20 bucks in the 1990's that seemed to be vaguely the same concept as this, not to undermind him of course, its just I literally watched that episode a few weeks ago

edit, found it

but still that was roughly 20 to 25 years latter, and I gotta wonder how often did he look in a mirror after seeing videogames explode and change so drastically overtime and say, I DID THAT! lol

Edited by Kavinsky

indeed, although I wonder if now that the movie has finally hit, will he have time to focus on getting back to his routes.

but still the similaries to the oddesey are notable with the tiger and the oddesey., but that is the way with all technology, as within 20 years of making the ford model T people were putting out V16 Caddies, 1930's V8 fords and Duesenbergs and WO bentleys, so its not that surprising that something like that would come along.

as technology just moves that fast.

Edited by Kavinsky

I used to play Pong on a black and white console TV back in 1976! That was in the winter months. In the summer I actually played real tennis :)

What a boring game but it was definitely a start!