Tribute to Joe Cocker

Yann529

may he rest in peace, and I hope his death was painless and proper, like Leslie Nelsons where he died in his bed, comfortable, and surrounded by friends and family.

the right way to die.

• Like 1

I remember watching his Woodstock appearance on a documentary show and listened to it on vinyl back in the day.

I also remember a Saturday Night Live ep where Belushi impersonated Cocker and then they both appeared on stage together on the show.

Was hysterical.   http://youtu.be/aZsOyO_lXD8

RIP Mr Cocker.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Very Sad.......

All my favourite artists are passing away lately? I must be getting old too?

I loved Joes music and the episode of SNL where John Belushi mocks Joe was fantastic. Joe even went along with the gag, so he had a great sense of humour.

Very Sad.......

All my favourite artists are passing away lately? I must be getting old too?

I loved Joes music and the episode of SNL where John Belushi mocks Joe was fantastic. Joe even went along with the gag, so he had a great sense of humour.

Here's a link to that great and funny performance.  One of the best ever on SNL.  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=26b_1315119865

Another piece of music history goes way. The end of last century, and the beginning of the new one are taking away so many talented people in music, cinema and so on.

Sad news, most of all because most of them won't have any successor. People like Miles Davis or Freddie Mercury or Michael Jackson (just to name a few in random order), simply have no heirs, no one who can match their standing in the present music universe. And what about the ones who are still alive, like Stevie Wonder or Burt Bacharach? Can you firgure out who will take their legacy once they're gone?

• Like 1

Good point JerryB.!

Freddy Mercury could hit three octaves in his prime and had a remarkable voice so as you said...who will or can replace him?

Yes many personalities of stage for music and cinema have left us and you wonder who the next big thing will be?

I think it will be someone DIFFERENT! Lets admit there will never be another Barbara Striesand when she departs. It will be hard to find another Deniro, but I think we should celebrate the newcomers for what they have and not who they can copy.

Sure is sad that so many have left us just in the last 8-10 years!