COOP's MIAMI VICE PHOTO OF THE DAY 2 /15 / 15

COOPER&BURNETT

BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTO OF CROCKETT AND PHIL COLLINS FROM THE EPISODE, PHIL THE SHILL!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very nice and happy image with Phil and Don, Coop !! :thumbsup:  :D 

I think just Phil did it to find kind a like a 'friendship' with some actors at MV.

21011748ar.jpg

Two very special insight images to the ep close party after having done Phil the Shill.

Some of these friendships took for longer - I remind (if interest is there I can post) a video scene where Don joked in 1990 with/about ;) Phil in a comedian show.

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 2

Very nice and happy image with Phil and Don, Coop !! :thumbsup:  :D 

I think just Phil did it to find kind a like a 'friendship' with some actors at MV.

21011748ar.jpg

Two very special insight images to the ep close party after having done Phil the Shill.

Some of these friendships took for longer - I remind (if interest is there I can post) a video scene where Don joked in 1991 with/about ;) Phil in a comedian show.

GREAT PHOTOS! I've never seen them before! I wonder who the lady in the green jacket is? Saundra's friend, or stand in perhaps? Just two wonderful photos!!! I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting this bluepearl!!!

I see Saundra's director's chair backing with her name on it. I'd like to add that one to my collection, to go along with Don's, Philips, and Johns.

I for one, would like to see the video.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

AWESOME!!! I've never seen that video! It's funny. :)  :clap:

Thanks for taking you time to post it.  :flowers: I Loved it!

Thank you bluepearl! :cheers:

• Like 1

Great pictures of behind the scenes bluepearl and COOP!

Looks like they had much fun together.

And a cool clip of Don bluepearl.

• Like 1

crockettampphil_zpsb4be50d8.png

This is crazy! This photo has been "liked" on facebook 126 times, 4 comments, and 14 shares. I just posted it late last night. (Wish all those that "liked" the photo on facebook would come to this site, and join us here)  

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

131 "likes" and 14 "shares"! ....somebody out there likes it!

(Guess I'll have to post even more now)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

131 "likes" and 14 "shares"! ....somebody out there likes it!

(Guess I'll have to post even more now)

If you can stand to get your public there then yes, go this way Coop.

I also made this decision already and I am driving in two tracks.

I see it in a way like separate wheat from chaff.

The interested ones will find their way to the forum itself.

One thing is pretty sure.

As more we show on Facebook, as more forums will die. But social media is the future.

We will not 'safe the world' if we ignore.

The facebook way is like fast food.

There one hits a like in passing. To get a comment is almost like a gift by the viewers.

MV forum is connected via twittertweed with Facebook.

Whenever you open a NEW thread and the very first you show is an image and NOT text (!!) the image shows up at the facebook MiamViceOnline account automatically. Just THAT will make this account interesting. Only if the image catches there will be some who are going for the text or even go for here directly in forum.

All who liked this MVo account any time at FB are getting a note in their daily 'NEWS' while scrolling down this news part and even the image (so it is posted at first) shows up already there.

No one has to visit the MVo-account to give that like. No one even has to visit the original source HERE.

All can like it only with scrolling down their news.

Why just this image got as many likes:

So I got this... NEWS/image yesterday in the early morning in my news.

I have known (DJforum likers) will love that image, so I shared it to djtgf-FB-account.

Out of that the number of likes and shares is grown.

Sharing does not mean that one looses the 'ownership' with an image.

Sharing is the honest way at FB. 

All reactions are going back to the original poster.

That's the simple facebook principle. 

Spread and spread it more and more so number of reactions increases.

• Like 1

That is very interesting, and important news to me. However, when I do post a picture like that, they see it on FB. There is now no reason to visit this site, as they have already seen the photo image. If I just post a title like "NEW PHOTO POSTED ON MIAMIVICEONLINE.COM", nobody is going to visit, they will just pass it over.

If I post a photo of a new MIAMI VICE blazer that I have found, once again, those on FB will see the first photo, but will not come here to see the other close up photos, and further insider information that I would provide on the blazer.

So, is FACEBOOK worth having if nobody will come here, and join up as members????

What good is it to us?  Perhaps we should get rid of it, or not connect to it, as It's killing this site. 

I guess I'm just not seeing the advantage of having it.

I don't really see anything on the MIAMI VICE FACE BOOK that really makes one want to visit. Where are the REALLY BIG SALES PITCH? Where are the REALLY NOTICEABLE EXPLAINATION of why Face Book users really should visit THIS site that's posted on the main page?

Can't say I'm a big fan of the layout of it. 

I feel like I'm giving out candy samples in front of the big candy store, (hoping those that take the candy will come into the store) Only everyone "likes" the candy sample....but never come into the big candy store.   

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

I would pretty much give every cent I have to be at that wrap party for Phil the Shill.  Can you imagine that scene?  I would kill to have been there.  I wonder what music was played, who was there?  How many people tried to sneak in?  

And what the HELL went on in the bathrooms, haha?!?!

• Like 1

That is very interesting, and important news to me. However, when I do post a picture like that, they see it on FB. There is now no reason to visit this site, as they have already seen the photo image. If I just post a title like "NEW PHOTO POSTED ON MIAMIVICEONLINE.COM", nobody is going to visit, they will just pass it over.

If I post a photo of a new MIAMI VICE blazer that I have found, once again, those on FB will see the first photo, but will not come here to see the other close up photos, and further insider information that I would provide on the blazer.

So, is FACEBOOK worth having if nobody will come here, and join up as members????

What good is it to us?  Perhaps we should get rid of it, or not connect to it, as It's killing this site. 

I guess I'm just not seeing the advantage of having it.

I don't really see anything on the MIAMI VICE FACE BOOK that really makes one want to visit. Where are the REALLY BIG SALES PITCH? Where are the REALLY NOTICEABLE EXPLAINATION of why Face Book users really should visit THIS site that's posted on the main page?

Can't say I'm a big fan of the layout of it. 

I feel like I'm giving out candy samples in front of the big candy store, (hoping those that take the candy will come into the store) Only everyone "likes" the candy sample....but never come into the big candy store.   

LOL... I am going FAT in this candy store!

Coop - you have seen the points I wanted to show up.

But there are always TWO sides of view.

Probably the responses you got HERE (!) are even based because of these notes at FB.

Please do not underestimate this point.

It is definitely possible -now in these sm times- that the worthy members just show up here because (!) of FB.

I do that carefully but I think that could have happen for example with Chloe too  (Chloe, I hope you do not mind my thoughts).

She sees you've made a new post and then she changes over to here.

In these times we all needs 'REMINDERS'

We have phones who tells us when the waste must infront of door, when we have to care about birthdays, when we have to visit the vet with our dog for vac again.

Formerly we made that by us only - now we need... technical reminders.

It is easy - so we are getting used to this behavior.

Question is what you want.

Do you want worthy interest here? Do you want the... WHEAT?

I always prefer rather less reactions, than the dumb Ah's and Oh's => 'oh so hot!' / 'oh so sexy'  :birdie: .

If I post any interesting stuff then I wish TO TALK about.

So -  rather less talks but good talks !!

It is only in YOUR hand what you want to show at FB, Coop.

Again:

If you start A THREAD (not the comments) with an image - that image is shown at FB.

If you start with WORDS only your words show up there.

So... lure them!

LURE the FB's to come over with the right text or right image.

I handle it this way.

With some threads I want to have the image at FB then I post it in first line.

If I do not want to show all jewelry to public I start with text.

Twitterfeed always will take your FIRST line in a thread and show at FB.

It is like it is Coop - also images can become wonderful invitations to go for more interest with the viewers.

Try to separate what is good to you.

I have needed a while to understand how it works - now it works damn good.

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 1

Your teaching me a lot. I'm listening. Thank you so much for this information!! :flowers:

I'm still trying to find a way to get members to come here. That's my mission.

Notice, those headlines that DON'T show a photo on facebook, gets pretty much no "likes" or responses, therefore, they are passed over. "Teasing" them with something to see here may not do the trick. I posted a photo, it got 141 likes. I posted a title, "AWESOME UNUSED VICE SCRIPT" (with no photo) it gets 7 likes, and nobody from there came here.  

Perhaps between us, we can find a way to make them WANT to come here, as right now, I've learned a lot from you how this works, but I'm at a loss as to how to get them here. 

Let's say for instance Chloe can be alerted to a new posting via facebook, but she is used to visiting this site, as that's what we used to only have. She likes being here, as do you, so how do I get the attention from facebook users that I'm not already doing?

I would love to use facebook to our advantage if it works.

Suggestions?

• Like 1

Believe me - we both have the same mission!!!
We want to show what is new and rare only to make persons happy.

(lol... we must have lost our minds, Coop ) but joke aside !

Phew.... if they are new and come to 'a forúm' they are getting the question for registery.
Even the clear statement - IT IS FREE - does not help.

And they are getting known: Oh sh*** - here you shall input also anything :eek:

Look outside, how often you do read 'FOR FREE' in an advert (just in internet) and if you take a closer look

you have to pay nevertheless.

That makes it in these times that many persons are thinking they will get caught with any 'bad things' in the following.
And that is our enemy (so to speak) to get NEW ACTIVE members.

Next important point: They are too lazy to do the smallest thing by themselves.

To get entertained - YES! 

Public is getting to takers. In the worse case they are taking your image and place it then below their own name at other places in web.
Credit ? Ooooops... what is that please ????

There are these special ♥ ones/members -  but they still are only less.
Easy to recognize here at MV forum too.

Coop - let me think a bit.
I will come back to here and try to give ideas. 

It will not become easy because just YOU are a person already who knows how 'to spice' his threads with the right words.

It feels like one tries to pick up the sloths by the trees to wake up them.

One more for example:
You mention Chloe (oh poor Chloe :o  I am so sorry you become 'the Mrs. Pattern ;) ' in this conversation).
Look - even Chloe asked for posting MORE kind a like you have done with this 'Phil-Thread'.

I do not want to step on anyones toes but that looks a bit like: Yeah, post more that way - then I have it here (FB) already.

Again Chloe - I apologize you are 'the example' now. I do NOT suppose you are thinking that way.

HUGS TO YOU !!!!

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 1