Down For The Count, Part 1 + 2

Joe

One of the best episodes and one of the sadest !:cry::cry::clap:The story is completely genial - to focus on the boxing scene in Miami, Larry as a boxing coach etc.Nobody thinks that something horrible will happen at the end of this episode :cry:Although I think the OCB underrate this dangerous situation for Zito - it´s a fatal mistake !The music of this two episodes is wonderful - There´s a River, Blind Faith (:clap::cry:) etc.Whenever I watch Zito´s death scenes it´s so unbearable for me, I could cry !

I first saw this episode a little over a year ago on Sleuth, I always wondered why Zito is not in Season 4 or 5, but as I reach the end of the episode where he dies, I was like oh no, I kinda knew what happened, the finale for part two where Zito gets revenge is brilliant. Great season three episodes!

Yeah, I know it affected Gina as well, it was almost as sad as the finale of the series. (yes, I got all teary eyed at the end, even though it ended a year or two before I was born) But who wouldv'e expected Zito dying? I don't think there was something like that before on TV. Definitely groundbreaking and sad at the same time.

Yeah' date=' I know it affected Gina as well.[/quote']You talking 'bout me or the actual character?Yeah, it really is one of the best eps. If not the saddest.Don't much like the fact Swi accused Crockett about if they hadn't gone after Guzman, Zito would still be alive. One of those 'hope you're happy' moments.

You talking 'bout me or the actual character?:DYou da' only one around here! Except for the five zillion other guys on this site.

Pardon me if I rave but it really doesn't get any better than Down For The Count. Awesome, flawless episode. It's the pinacle of Vice greatness. It's my favourite episode -tied with Death & The Lady. I love both Parts I & II. They're both superb.John Diehl finally had something tangible to do and he shined. He was excellent. He really was a greivous loss to the show. Pity there could'nt have been more episodes like this if they had given him more to do before. Beautifully photographed episode, especially the shots of Guzman's house and the balcony in Guillini's apartment.Excellent guest performances by Scarface alumni Pepe Serna, Randall 'Tex' Cobb and Don King.Great music choices. I loved the tunes by Ratt, Jimi Hendrix and Steve Miller. Some wonderful Jan Hammer tunes too.Zito's death's was done beautifully. Such a heart wrenching scene when Stan discovers him. Then the morturay scene was excellently done. Steve Winwood's 'There's A River' and Corey Hart's 'Blind Faith' were peerless song choices for those scenes. Both beautiful songs. Alfredo Guillini is such a great character. So badass and menacing with so many great lines. Joe Dallesandro was awesome in that part. What an underrated actor he is. He really should've gotten more work than he did.I enjoyed the comic relief by Chris Elliot too. Funny guy, especially in Groundhog Day and There's Something About Mary.Some great action. Awesome nighttime carchase brilliantly underscored by Billy Idol's 'Don't Need A Gun'. All I can say is wow. And the climatic mall shootout is awesome too.I love every second of Down For The Count. Flawless episode.

I don´t understand why Zito´s character wasn´t extended more ???He fitted in the OCB wonderfully and was great joker like Switek.I think, if there was a stand-in for JD, this "new" team wouldn´t be so cool than the original duo Switek/Zito was !:clap::cry:

I don´t understand why Zito´s character wasn´t extended more ???He fitted in the OCB wonderfully and was great joker like Switek.I think' date=' if there was a stand-in for JD, this "new" team wouldn´t be so cool than the original duo Switek/Zito was !:clap::cry:[/quote']John Diehl who played Zito wanted to move on and do other things, that's why they killed off his character.

I cried then...I still cry twenty years later when I see the look on Lar's face when he holds his dear friend in his arms for the last time.What a tear jerker!