COOPER&BURNETT'S NEW PHOTO OF THE DAY!

COOPER&BURNETT

:hot:  :hot:  :hot:

Coop - be glad I can not reply in German.
Probably I would get a warning with members because of 'unwanted' moans   :p .

Such images are Sonny in perfection.
Direct straight view, no smile, tanned, heartshaped lips, shades.

Not many wishes stay open.

What always thrills that the light with the camera flash turns his blond hair to almost dark.
Even if you edit such images with the light you do not manage to get the hair color black to blond.
I am speaking about editing - not Photoshop.

Thanks for my fix, dear Coop !!  :done:  :dance2:  :balloon:

• Like 1

Coop... actually...

kissable men need to show their heads  :p  :p  :p

This blazer is w o n d e r f u l l y  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

Perfect length - still dislike any blazer what ends up in the middle of the hip. :(

The oversized cut will be my all time fav  :done:

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 1

I knew someone would mention my head! (or lack there of) :D

I love this blazer. It fits perfectly, and looks great! I've worn it many times, and have recieved compliments, and people have asked me where they can buy one too. :)

• Like 3

Hey Coop

thanks for your photos of the day.

This clothes you own, are they "only" the same ones DJ has worn or are they original worn by DJ?

Greetz from Switzerland

• Like 1

Pritt,  There is a 50/50 chance that these blazers may,have been worn by Don Johnson.  I'll explain.

On Miami Vice, they didn't only have one blazer for Don or Philip for a scene, the wardrobe dept bought four or five of them.

One to wear, One as a backup, and two for the stuntmen.

The wardrobe budget per show was about $7,000.00 U.S. (1985 dollars).  The budget for extras for the year was about $20,000.00.

So, for an episode that did NOT have stuntmen needed for a scene with a certain blazer, there would be two blazers available....one to wear, and one as a backup. So, in some cases, there would be a 50/50 chance that one I own from the wardrobe dept was worn. Perhaps, even both of them were worn, but in different episodes, as Crockett's blazers turned up in different episodes in a season.

As for the PHOTOSHOOT blazers, like the one in this thread, the blazer was not seen in Miami Vice. There wouldn't be a need for stuntmen in a photoshoot, so two were available. Why two? Well, what if something happened to it? A cigarette burn, snagged the linen sleeve on something, or if he sweated so much in the humid, hot Florida 100 degree plus weather that a backup may be needed.

So, for the PHOTOSHOOT blazer, two would be needed, again, a 50/50 chance of Don wearing it.

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

Interesting stuff!  Where these things sold on ebay, (I assume),  right away after the show was over?  Or has it been a long time devoted to collecting for you?  

I get these items through my usual  list of contacts. Although I can't be specific, as Crockett said in BY HOOKER BY CROOK, "It's a trade secret", I have formed a series of connections of people associated with the series whom generally help me out. This has been extremely important for this site, as it allows us to see things we never would have thought we were ever going to see, and see things that we didn't even know existed. There are things that I will be posting that came directly from crew members...and cast members.  I tend to dig deep, and it keeps me busy. It extremely expensive to do this, but, I do it for us!

Some items are in private hands now, others are still not. Some are scattered around the U.S., others are still in the hands of Univeresal, or subsidiaries that are long forgotten. Some items like a few assorted props, furniture were auctioned off at the end of MIAMI VICE, but not the high end stuff.

SHOOT%20002_zpsvnbxghfu.jpg

SHOOT%20003_zpscd4pbzss.jpg

You've seen my stunt blazer that was worn in HOOKER BY CROOK by George Takei, right?

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Certainly any fashionisto would be tempted to frame that portrait of Crockett to serve as a daily source of sartorial guidance. Although perhaps a full-length image would be more suitable?

I do have a full length version of this photo. I zoomed in on it with my camera to fit the frame.