Your favourite song in Vice of all time?

Detective_Crockett

Just now, Robbie C. said:

There was a huge metal scene. Vice didn't pay any attention to it, but it was there.

Wasn’t Suicidal Tendencies a metal band (Free Verse)? What about the music in “Line of Fire”?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Wasn’t Suicidal Tendencies a metal band (Free Verse)? What about the music in “Line of Fire”?

Compared to the amount of metal that was out there at the time, that doesn't really count as paying attention in my book.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

Phil is coming to MSG on Oct 6th! Going to move heaven and earth to be there!

Enjoy friend and a great venue. So you are quite near NYC?

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Enjoy friend and a great venue. So you are quite near NYC?

Thanks, Matt. Yes, I'm about an hour away from NYC. You're right; it's a great place for a concert. 

• Administrators

Way too many to even try to choose a favorite but some songs do stand out. Some of my favorites "The Edge of Town" by the Truth,   "20 killer Hurtz" by Gene Loves Jezebel, "Par Avion" by Mike & The Mechanics, "Walk & Talk Like Angels" by Toni Childs,  "Si Senor the Hairy Grill"  by Yello.

• Like 2

Aside from "In the Air Tonight," which I think is the most iconic musical scene in the show, my personal favorite has to be 'Par Avion' in the episode Yankee Dollar. That opening scene is beautifully done, even though the scene in and of itself takes a dark turn. 

Edited by FerrariCrockett
  • Like 3

Can't choose just one!  Not necessarily in order:

In the Air Tonight, Par Avion, Brothers in Arms, I Want to Know What Love Is, Holding Back the Years, the Last Unbroken Heart, Don't Give Up. 

Probably a few more I can't think of right now...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 6:30 AM, FerrariCrockett said:

my personal favorite has to be 'Par Avion' in the episode Yankee Dollar. That opening scene is beautifully done, even though the scene in and of itself takes a dark turn. 

Agreed! That song and that scene inspired me to write a story of my own which turned into a novel. I always thought the episode itself could have been more emotionally intense if Sonny had walked the line between despair/insanity and sought personal revenge with Rico and Castillo worried that he might be going over the edge. But alas, the writers took a different turn. While the episode is very good, it seemed like the opening scene with that song belonged in a more heart-wrenching script.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Titus said:

Agreed! That song and that scene inspired me to write a story of my own which turned into a novel. I always thought the episode itself could have been more emotionally intense if Sonny had walked the line between despair/insanity and sought personal revenge with Rico and Castillo worried that he might be going over the edge. But alas, the writers took a different turn. While the episode is very good, it seemed like the opening scene with that song belonged in a more heart-wrenching script.

Wow, that's really interesting. Great idea. I agree, the writers missed the boat with this one. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 7:41 AM, mjcmmv said:

Wow, that's really interesting. Great idea. I agree, the writers missed the boat with this one. 

That could be the refrain for so much of the show, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

one metal song I really dig was „Madame Axe“ by Rugged Edge in „Line of Fire“. 20 years ago it took me big effort to get it as the EP“Eclipse of Fire“(1989) is very rare and only a few hundred copies have been made for this S-Florida band. Luckily I found a guy in Miami who owned a small record shop on the internet and had it. He recorded the EP on a CD and sent it to me for less than 15 bucks. I cleaned it up electronically and it is one of the rarest MV tracks.
image.jpeg.e0dc118f3e7d489c8002b1842577f60f.jpeg

• Like 1

Another rare but good vibe comes from two Cubano tracks in Killshot. We all knew in the 90s thanks to internet sources that it was Billie Willie and Bachiche but there was no listing for this group anywhere. Around 2007, the internet grew bigger in terms of rare records and it became clear that the album was by William Sanchez in 1982. It was hard to get as it was from a small label Borinquen Records and circled only in the Carribbean and Little Havanna/Miami. Again I was able to get the original record, this time by ordinary buy on the internet for around 50 bucks including shipping. When I started in 1985 to hunt MV music I had to attend countless shops and record fairs. Now I could buy all 400 MV tracks within one night on the internet (provided I was rich enough and could stay awake long enough :p).

image.jpeg.c3f982082853f1596d69cfd61b57d1c9.jpeg

• Like 1

And lastly the album of one of my favorite MV songs 30.000 feet by the Broken Homes. Still rare but now easy to buy online. I found it at a record exchange fair in the 90s and bought it from a German record shop owner.

image.jpeg.0ee0d3c3b6b26719e40ff44901cd5b21.jpeg

• Like 2

In the air tonight and heart beat.

Err....self control.

wait!...huh...in the night...

No...damn, so many....

Edited by Mr. Calderon

2 hours ago, Tom said:

And lastly the album of one of my favorite MV songs 30.000 feet by the Broken Homes. Still rare but now easy to buy online. I found it at a record exchange fair in the 90s and bought it from a German record shop owner.

image.jpeg.0ee0d3c3b6b26719e40ff44901cd5b21.jpeg

Has that ever been released digitally (CD, mp3)? I've always wanted a copy but don't do vinyl.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Leigh Burne:

Has that ever been released digitally (CD, mp3)? I've always wanted a copy but don't do vinyl.

Not to my knowledge. PM me.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Another rare but good vibe comes from two Cubano tracks in Killshot. We all knew in the 90s thanks to internet sources that it was Billie Willie and Bachiche but there was no listing for this group anywhere. Around 2007, the internet grew bigger in terms of rare records and it became clear that the album was by William Sanchez in 1982. It was hard to get as it was from a small label Borinquen Records and circled only in the Carribbean and Little Havanna/Miami. Again I was able to get the original record, this time by ordinary buy on the internet for around 50 bucks including shipping. When I started in 1985 to hunt MV music I had to attend countless shops and record fairs. Now I could buy all 400 MV tracks within one night on the internet (provided I was rich enough and could stay awake long enough :p).

image.jpeg.c3f982082853f1596d69cfd61b57d1c9.jpeg

Wow! Post of the week for me! :clap:

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2015 at 9:07 PM, Matt5 said:

Love "Madness of it All" from the Ward Brothers in Season 4s "Love at First Sight" :fireworks:

I totally agree. That song just takes me to a different place mentally. So relaxing and beautiful.  I also love how perfectly it goes with the shots of Sonny driving and the flashbacks to Caitlin. 

• Like 2