Your favourite song in Vice of all time?

Detective_Crockett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard to say, I am stuck between Madness of it all by Ward Brothers, Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits and Help me trough the Night by Phil Perry.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My entry is way late, but I love Russ Ballard's Voices. With Sonny & Ricco heading out after Calderone in that monster speed boat while a montage of Calderone's presence has had an effect on both men plays out.

It's a powerful scene and that track is the perfect cue for it. I am mesmerized every time I see it.

Edited by Party_car1
Missed a few words
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

It's a powerful scene and that track is the perfect cue for it. I am mesmerized every time I see it.

Same here. 

Like the “In the Air Tonight” sequence, anyone watching the original broadcast never forgot this moment in their TV watching life. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Same here. 

Like the “In the Air Tonight” sequence, anyone watching the original broadcast never forgot this moment in their TV watching life. 

Television history right there.

• Like 2

Par Avion by Mike & The Mechanics is my favorite emotional song.

The song Diamond Field by Pat Benatar is great,  I love when the song kicks in at the beginning of "Dutch Oven"  the start of the car chase, one of my favorite scenes. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Par Avion by Mike & The Mechanics is my favorite emotional song.

The song Diamond Field by Pat Benatar is great,  I love when the song it kicks in the beginning of "Dutch Oven" at the start of the car chase, one of my favorite scenes. 

Yes. I like this too it works well in the scene. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, Dadrian said:

Same here. 

Yes. I still get chills from that sequence. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2019 at 8:49 AM, Matt5 said:

Yes. I like this too it works well in the scene. 

You can't go wrong with either of those. Hanging By A Thread by Mike + The Mechanics from Baby Blues is a good dramatic piece, when Crockett, Tubbs and Switek go after Borges. When they roll up in the Testeross and Stan's classic Thunderbird. 

39 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

You can't go wrong with either of those. Hanging By A Thread by Mike + The Mechanics from Baby Blues is a good dramatic piece, when Crockett, Tubbs and Switek go after Borges. When they roll up in the Testeross and Stan's classic Thunderbird. 

Good points.

• 1 month later...

Yes. Brothers In Arms is another iconic track in an iconic scene. I love the look on Hank's face when he's done breaking the wall open and he's breathing hard and staring at Sonny & Rico. It seems as if he has just had a personal victory but what you see in his eyes for the first time in the episode is pure madness. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

Yes. Brothers In Arms is another iconic track in an iconic scene. I love the look on Hank's face when he's done breaking the wall open and he's breathing hard and staring at Sonny & Rico. It seems as if he has just had a personal victory but what you see in his eyes for the first time in the episode is pure madness. 

Perfect for that great scene.

Par Avion in Yankee Dollar is one of my favorites. Also, Peter Gabriels "Biko" in Evan. Powerful for that scene in the dark industrial area. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

Par Avion in Yankee Dollar is one of my favorites. Also, Peter Gabriels "Biko" in Evan. Powerful for that scene in the dark industrial area. 

“Biko” does work so well.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The Order of Death by Public Image Limited is my favourite and seems to be one of the most popular choices but in all the music threads no one ever posts anything that's really similar. This puzzles me since Miami Vice is quite dark in tone and benefits from it. The first episode I ever watched was The Maze that used Renegades of Funk by Afrika Bambaataa again not common to see. Electro and Industrial are of the two most underused genres the show should've utilized more often.

• Like 1

In addition to my first selection of "Go Insane" I also have to add "Naughty Naughty" by John Parr.  I just love that opening scene of the episode Florence Italy.

I'd also agree with "Par Avion" because that whole scene is one of my all time favorites in Vice.   

Edited by IA-SteveB

3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

electro, and industrial didn't exist back then. the 1980s were mostly pop

Not really. There was a huge metal scene. Vice didn't pay any attention to it, but it was there.