What Crockett means in pilot episode

Joey Hardin

He's saying to Lou "l"d rather buy radio time." What does it mean,somebody can tell me ? He would rather radio to telling progress reports or something ? But what has got to do with buying radio time ? Buy's mean isn't buy something for example buy Miami Vice DVD set. And other means are feed or don't feed something like a lie.

Edited by Knight&Crockett

I believe he's talking about some Magazine or the schedule for the Television, don't quote me on that, I might be wrong  :)

'The last time I requested a backup, I nearly got shot to death by Bluto and Lee Harvey Oswald over there. And as for progress reports, I'd just as soon buy radio time.
Lou: Hey, wait a minute. Wait a minute. Are you implying that I've got a bad cop in my department?'

So to me this means Crockett believes there is a leak in the department, and the sarcastic "I'd just as soon buy radio time" to me means he may as well make a public announcement of his case progress in lieu of making written progress reports, as they would likely not remain confidential in any case.  

• Like 2

Sonny-Burnett is absolutely right.

If you are running a company for instance,

you can "buy radio time" to do a commercial to promote your products.

• Like 2

'The last time I requested a backup, I nearly got shot to death by Bluto and Lee Harvey Oswald over there. And as for progress reports, I'd just as soon buy radio time.

Lou: Hey, wait a minute. Wait a minute. Are you implying that I've got a bad cop in my department?'

So to me this means Crockett believes there is a leak in the department, and the sarcastic "I'd just as soon buy radio time" to me means he may as well make a public announcement of his case progress in lieu of making written progress reports, as they would likely not remain confidential in any case.  

Nicely written. To the point.