Whatever Works question.

Detective_Crockett

When Sonny storms out of Castillo's office after his Ferrari has been taken, and then Stan and Lar jokingly offer him to ride with them in the bug van, Sonny does a funny gesture with his hands by waving them back and fourth? what does that mean exactly? was it at the time a TV version of flipping the bird or something? after Sonny does this gesture, Stan laughs a little, so it must have been something, can anyone clear this up for me?

When Sonny storms out of Castillo's office after his Ferrari has been taken, and then Stan and Lar jokingly offer him to ride with them in the bug van, Sonny does a funny gesture with his hands by waving them back and fourth? what does that mean exactly? was it at the time a TV version of flipping the bird or something? after Sonny does this gesture, Stan laughs a little, so it must have been something, can anyone clear this up for me?

If I remember this correctly, Crockett holds up one or both hands and moves his fingers in a wave fashion. We used to refer to that as "giving someone a bouquet" or in other words, a bouquet of Middle Fingers! lol...  he was flipping Switek off.

• Like 1

I didn't know that. Thanks. I assumed it was something like a "figure out which of these is meant for you" kind of gesture. I didn't know it was a real thing.

• Administrators

What Sonny-Burnett said, it literally means "f you", without pushing the boundaries of the PG classification.

It's a lot like when they say "sit on it" in Happy Days. Any adult should be able to guess what that really means...

Awesome! I'm gonna start using that gesture!

I've always seen fit to use it in a semi-humorous way, especially in a work environment where it isn't as direct as the one finger salute.  ;)

• Like 1