Miami Vice Remix Comic Book (news)

Yann529

I think this exchange tells you all you need to know about the guys who did this book:

Nrama: Do you each have a favorite Miami Vice episode from the original series?

Casey: The one where James Brown is an alien.

Mahfood: Yeah, the James Brown one is obviously the best thing they ever did. 

Edited by Viceman Cometh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have just received my hard copy of issue number 1.  I haven't read it yet but I did a quick flip through the pages.  I'm sorry to say that the artwork is positively horrible!  Not even a close resemblance to any of the characters. Most of the time Crockett is wearing shirts with a collar, not a T-shirt. Another thing I noticed is they show Castillo's office as a complete disaster!  We all know he doesn't even keep a single thing on his desk.  As I said, I haven't read it yet but in my eyes it's a major disappointment!

• Like 4

One of the artists is quoted in the article:

"I didn’t even think of the actors from the TV show when I did this. The look of my Crockett & Tubbs is completely original and it’s a representation of my Visual Funk drawing style. The style exists in its own realm."

So don't expect a faithful artistic representation of the show -- these drawings weren't meant to look like Don and Philip.

I don't really like this, I've read some pages and Crockett and Tubbs and Marty swearing just doesn't seem to suit them at all, I don't know...this comic is really quite bizarre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can go to Ebay and search on "Miami Vice Comic".  That will probably get you the best price if your local comic store does not have a copy - or you have no local comic store (like me).

• Like 1

I'm going to fire up my Ferrari mountain bike and grab several of these. 

I'll reply back here when I get them, and don't mind sending a few.  (If I have any luck.)

Cool, a comic...

A zombie messing with C and T? that's not going to end well for a zombie who messes with a man who daily carries a shotgun under his suit coat lol.

• 3 years later...
Am 10.4.2015 um 05:58 schrieb Kavinsky:

A zombie messing with C and T? that's not going to end well for a zombie who messes with a man who daily carries a shotgun under his suit coat lol.

Didn't we already have that with Tales of the Goat? Well, kinda...

Just looking at those pics of the Comic. The style is not as bad as I had expected, a bit like 80's pop art. But that doesn't help much. Geez, do they manage to degenerate everyting these days? Ah well, when things hit a low they can only get better. Right? Here's to hoping!

• 8 months later...

Ok, finally got around to read this one. Bought one from ebay some time ago and was put off by the cover.

Should not have wasted time and money. This is badly drawn and text in any places is almost unreadable.

Utter rubbish

-J