Take Me Home

Dadrian

Anyone else love this song? So unique and well executed--and the Sting/Peter Gabriel vocals on the choruses blow it right off the charts! All that, plus the unforgettable Miami Vice scenes associated with it make it an all-time favorite for me. I find it very hard to skip on any playlist. It's hard to think of a better MV song!

• Like 3

Yeah, I love that song! Probably my number two Phil Collins song. I saw an awesome version of it live where the stadium audience sings the end of the song with him. So memorable, and the live changes made to the song are perfect!

EDIT: found the clip on youtube...

Edited by Beach_Vice
  • Like 1

I love that song also! fantastic song, I really loved how much Phil Collins gave to the series, In The Air Tonight, Take Me Home, Phil The Shill. 

If I'm not mistaken this song played in The Prodigal Son didn't it?  :cool:

• Administrators

It's a great song, but I wouldn't rate it THAT high. 

In The Air Tonight is the song I never skip.

• Like 2

Yeah that sequence from the pilot has to be the most memorable of the entire series, right? Even people who didn't watch the show seem to somehow know that scene.

Sonny,

Thanks for posting, interesting version but I like the original recorded version best.  When I lived in Miami in the 80s I used to listen to it on my small (for its day) casset player as I was jogging.  The rythem in the background kept me moving.

Edited by miamijimf

• Administrators

Yeah that sequence from the pilot has to be the most memorable of the entire series, right? Even people who didn't watch the show seem to somehow know that scene.

Yeah but I've loved the song long before I watched MV. It's just an amazing piece of music.

I like the original, and I also like the 12" extended version.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

I need to find the 12" mix! I once found a cd of Phil Collins 12" mixes. I'll never know why I didn't buy it :/

Guess I'll head on over to ebay...

Thanks for the reminder Coop!

Can't beat 75 cents on half.com!!! "Like new" condition. Coop, thanks again, buddy!! What else do I need?? :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

I need to find the 12" mix! I once found a cd of Phil Collins 12" mixes. I'll never know why I didn't buy it :/

Guess I'll head on over to ebay...

Thanks for the reminder Coop!

Try Discogs. I've seen a lot of rare vinyls on there.

This is a fantastic Song! Thanks for posting.

If have to confess...that i never really liked In The Air Tonight. Since i first saw it in the pilot with the great Ferrari scene i truly respect the song but i will never love it itself without the scene...shame on me guys! ;-)

Edited by Christian

I remember this concert with great fondness!

I live in Niagara which is only one hour from Toronto and 35 minutes from Buffalo NY. Phil played this tour and I got tickets for both shows which were sold out by the way.

The first night I saw him at the Gardens in Toronto. He played this song and I remember it well. Two nights later he was in Buffalo at the "Aud" and it was the same show.

I liked the fact the he had Phil Baily and the horn section from Earth Wind and Fire playing with him as this was a great addition to the band. There was a screen behind the band that they projected pictures on from time to time depending on the song.

The most memorable part of both nights however was when they did "In the Air".  Phil sat on the edge of the stage  and sang the intro with a single spotlight on him in a dark auditorium. As soo as it was time for the drum sequence, he jumped up and ran to his drums at the back of the stage and started playing them in unison with the electric drums in perfect tune. Together they brought the house down! You could feel the floor shake in the stadiums......

The only other band I have ever seen have dual drum kits was SAGA

I still have those ticket stubbs for those shows. Toronto Maple Leaf Garden reds were $14.50 and Buffalo north end second uppers were $12.75

I wonder what Katie Perry charges for a show?

Thanks for the memories Phil....................................................

By the way I have an awesome 12"version of "In the Air"  that is about 12 minutes long. It has a great drum track and is a bit more upbeat than the original.

Edited by Stinger390X