May the 4th be with you!

Detective_Crockett

I've been hearing this all day, what is the celebration of the original movies release date or something?

I know the original movie wasn't released until May 25, 1977 so must be some other date?

Edit...just looked it up and seems the date was picked because the "Force" rhymes with "Fourth" in the phrase "May the force be with you".

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I remember fondly being a teenager in 1977 and watching this ground breaking film 17 times over a two week period. 

I Celebrate it!!  It's MAY 4th, so, MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

If you've seen my profile, you'll see I'm a collector of not only MIAMI VICE, but of STAR WARS as well. I have many thousands of dollars in rare STAR WARS cast and crew items, (Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & magic, Skywalker Ranch, Skywalker Sound, Lucasarts, Lucas animation, etc.) jackets, hats, patches, stickers, shirts and various cast and crew exclusives.

This new film will be the biggest money making film ever, and will top AVATAR as the top box office champion. I'm certain of this. 

The second teaser trailer broke a world record, as it was seen 88 million times in just 24 hours!

The "Fourth" will be with you....always!

Well you've got the guy who said to paramount I want to make a star trek film as part of a 3 film deal, to which their response was WHAT?!! someone who wants to work on trek, inconceavable!

then this at 2:22

and you've got the original writers back and I'd bet theres some of the special effects team being brought back for old times sake, so it should work in your favor, and I have a hell of alot more faith in it that Specter

hell I'd like to see the star wars writer work on trek next, although they need some new set designers, and a new starship, and I have just the ship

or they could use my own redesign

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/gallery/sizes/3530-enterprise-a-side-3-82-112-od-2/medium/

what? ever since first seeing the JJ I just thought to myself god damn that's an ugly ship from the side, so I made my own, and that set design, matt's and satin's not glosses JJ, otherwise you'd better have standard issue POLARIZED sunglasses for everyone lol

actually I really should go see fast 7 just to see how that director does considering his next project IS trek, dont know about the writer though.

Edited by Kavinsky

I'm thrilled the new one was written by not only J.J. A., but the screen writer who wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark! It isn't going heavy with CGI like the not so good prequels, but they are going for practical effects like the original 3, and are using real sets, models, and the majority of CGI in this film will be to "remove" things, not add things! 

JOHN WILLIAMS will write the music again (thank God!), and Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R-2, and 3PO will be in it.

George Lucas tried to do things by saving money (smart for him, as he footed the bill), but this time Disney who bought LUCASFILM, has vowed to spare no expense. They have as of 2014, 84 Billion dollars in assets (They could hire Bill Gates as thier pool boy). 

This time, they are listening to the fans as to what they want, not what George Lucas wants. Lucasfilm said during the STAR WARS Celebration in L.A. that they really do, and are listening to the fans as to what they want. 

J.J. did a GREAT job with STAR TREK, and has said many times that he never was a Star Trek fan, but is a HUGE STAR WARS fan! It's the first time a STAR WARS film was being made by fans!

I am so looking forward to this film.  The trailers have the right feel and style.  I remember an old interview with Mark Hamill after Return of the Jedi saying he would be back in another Star Wars film.  He was right. 

• Like 1

I'm with you Vicefan7777! There is more interest in this film than any film I've ever heard of.

When J.J. was asked how they can possibly make all fans happy with this film, He thought for a second and said, "Well.....we just are."

Star Wars 7 is going to kick so much ass, I really can't wait..me and my best friend have booked it for the day, it's going to be brilliant.

The latest trailer with Han and Chewie nearly made me fly off my chair in happiness, I couldn't believe it.

• Like 1

The film is going to be totally sick!

Watch the teaser trailer #2 on you tube at the STAR WARS Celebration on it's first showing (not the second showing), and listen to how amazing the audience is, and when they go absolutely nuts when Han and Chewie show up. The cheers will put a lump in your throat!! It's magical!

Unlike the prequels, where we knew what was going to happen, and who would live or die, and the eventual outcome, with these new films, we have no idea where it will take us, or who will live or die.

This film will give me the feelings I had for the originals.  

you know its funny with JJ I remember someone saying that he's basically the next Steven Spielberg, as he can make the film so well that you forgive most of its logical faults of it and just enjoy the film, as while a good actor makes things feel real, a good director makes the world look real.

which I can say of both of his star trek films, although I cant help but noting a few line tweaks and a few script revisions would have greatly enhanced the writing of both his films.

as the writer makes it sound logical and real and feel real, and there was a few issues with the first regard.

such as saying with the first one

Uhurah, A romulan broke free from the Klingon homeworld, that fills in the blanks about the 25 year gap about what nero was doing, give Spock a TV to watch his alternate universe home planet blow up, say scotty slingshoted kirk across a bunch of communication bouys to get to the enterprise to catch up with it

and with the ending have kirk go on a training mission ala the one in the second film, with him in Sarek's position and the others training under other people or equals. and I would have thrown out the test thing and had kirk shown up late, thus instead of being on the Farragut, he would have been put on the enterprise that way when the disaster struck. as the last shuttle is the one going to the enterprise.

as the test was perfectly shown in the second film and fit in, no need to shoehorn it in this way.

and my own personal one ontop of that, is Kirk's Dad, have you ever heard of something called Maternity leave? which could be fixed by putting her on a hospital on a nearby planet at the start.

and these are all simple issues that could have been resolved with a few minor script revisions, and those were the biggest issues people had with the film, and it all came back to the script, not the director

as literally I was watching a program yesterday about the superman curse (always pay the creators what they're owed people! you paid Brando that much and only gave them 65 bucks a piece even after the film was a success?!)

and Margot Kidder said theres an old saying in hollywood, you can make a bad film out of a good script, but you cant make a good film out of a bad script

unless you throw it out and improvise it however, and also JJ started out in TV, much like Steven did.

hell imagine what he could do with indiana jones and the right writers.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are official photos taken by famous photographer, ANNIE LEIBOVITZ for the current STAR WARS issue of VANITY FAIR magazine. These were taken on the set of the film, not scenes from the film itself.

fair6_zpsaqiqcbif.png

FAIR5_zpsnxccklpn.png

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Your Welcome! The article has interviews with the director, and John Williams, the producer....you should check it out! It sounds like unlike the prequels, this film is going to be FUN! Just what we have hoped for, a continuation of the saga with Han Luke Leia, Chewie, 3PO and R2! ...AND....THE FALCON! 

fair6_zpsaqiqcbif.png

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

hmm I oughta ask my brother if he's seen these and has kept in touch with this kinda stuff.

Edited by Kavinsky