DJ Cam composes soundtrack for Miami Vice

Sjako

I'm very sorry, but this producer's version of 'Crockett's Theme' included at the bottom of the page did not impress me in the least bit. I think that, if you label your album so explicitly as an alternative soundtrack to Miami Vice, past or future, then you are going up against exceedingly high compositional expectations. But tastes are bound to clash in such matters.

Also, what is this Hollywood reboot they mention in the article?

I don't like that version of Crockett's Theme, it doesn't even sound like Crockett's Theme at the least...

:/

The track titled Crockett's Theme is not a cover of Jan Hammer's, it's just something "composed" by this DJ guy.

A drum loop and a chord jumping in and out ... It takes a lot more to make a song.

More - in the end - this lifeless bunch of sounds doesn't even recalls the 80s vibe.

So why do you link this to Miami Vice? Just call it: "Buddha-Bar-Trance-Vision-Ambient-Dope-Something" and you'll be forgiven.

• Like 1

LOL... Matches perfectly with that Miami Vice movie....

Well...im not surprised...today we can´t find any good music on radio....probably the real deal MV soundtrack for the 21st century would be like that...

And by the way..."Thubbs"????   His friends call him Rafael....

Yes Mr. Calderon, you nailed it. This is going to be the perfect soundtrack for the 21st century MV.

And "Thubbs" made me laugh for minutes, giving me some relief after the pain in the stomach due to the music.

Sooner or later I have to find and recover some tracks I scored in 1989 and post it here.

It was a soundtrack for a never released documentary. You know, everything was on tape back then, and I no longer have the gear but let's see ;-)

Sure it captured the Vice/Hammer vibe much more than a lot of "retro" crap I hear nowdays.