My music

Crockettt

I composed electronic music since 2007, feel free to comment :)

My attempt at late '89/90s, i used Synth1 and Sylent1, some samples of Roland Tr-909 and some samples and loops from my Sample CD:
Guitar in "The Heist" is sampled :)

https://app.box.com/s/cchat0rmlbnino8rjdw4novkr95h1bla
https://app.box.com/s/dmg9nyyrgwf0g5eoh94qpbwwiittid8q
https://app.box.com/s/py51e21wf8nacgcvgnmgsk7p8ql52bja

https://app.box.com/s/f5gnr1d3iifz5uo38g3nzb51jl22m2nh

My hommage to old, good Atari games :

I used 1984 VST and samples of Roland TR-808

https://app.box.com/s/3y4y4pkdxlp6cdd0jps5l2c9d3k20g0w

My hommage to village

https://app.box.com/s/gxlashjane3pnkf5ux1ssy025hwfi48j

I also used 1984 VST and samples of Roland TR-808

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

Hey Crockettt, nice stuff ;-) My favorite one is "Calm Down", the basic riff has some Hammer-esque feel.

I think with a different drum track this could be even clearer. Maybe counting half beat, and using an 808... Just thoughts running ;-)

Anyway, good tracks, pal.

JB

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

That was a fun listen! My favorite were the first one posted, Old Games, and Rural's Tango. Cool!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Better than my failed attempts at making music lol. 

Let me embarrass myself real quick. I made this almost exactly 2 years ago. The "date modified" on my PC says 18/05/2013.

I got the right sounds, just a horrible melody/structure. xD I think the beat itself could be a Phil Collins song.

I used Ableton Live 8.2.2 with some VST's and sounds my brother got because he's more serious when it comes to making music. I just mess around in the program when I'm bored. :)

Maybe I should open the old project file and make something decent out of it when I'm bored someday.

Edit: Found this Scarface theme short I done last year. 

Last one I'm going to post is my attempt at Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

We can't all be Peter Guja. xD

Jerry, Coop, James glad you like my music :)

Blood Dragon Fail is really cool :) Sound of old 8-bit games :)

I need to rework Calm down i wanted to put some drum&bass style in it, but You're right Jerry it will be much better with different drums :)

• Like 1

Nice stuff here, guys. I think you both achieved that vintage vibe you were looking for ;-)

Talking about vintage music. here's a little story for you. In 1989 I was hired for scoring a soundtrack for a documentary about underwater life. It was supposed to be released on VHS and sold to TV networks, but it never came out. Nevertheless, I had time to do some work before they decided to stop the making of it. The budget was tight, so I didn't have room to hire session players or an orchestra, so I told the producer I could do anything in my studio, just using machines. He liked the idea. I was hugely influenced by Jan Hammer at the time, and I thought that a Vicey sound could fit well with the dark and mysterious imagery of the underwater world.

I did some rough mix for the production to show them a preview of how it was going to sound like. I no longer own the master, you know, everything was done on a 16-Track reel tape machine. Maybe I still have the sequences on some floppy disk (hehehe). I could remix & post them on the forum when I have a chance.

If there's a place where such a task could make sense is here. Isn't it?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Nice stuff here, guys. I think you both achieved that vintage vibe you were looking for ;-)

Talking about vintage music. here's a little story for you. In 1989 I was hired for scoring a soundtrack for a documentary about underwater life. It was supposed to be released on VHS and sold to TV networks, but it never came out. Nevertheless, I had time to do some work before they decided to stop the making of it. The budget was tight, so I didn't have room to hire session players or an orchestra, so I told the producer I could do anything in my studio, just using machines. He liked the idea. I was hugely influenced by Jan Hammer at the time, and I thought that a Vicey sound could fit well with the dark and mysterious imagery of the underwater world.

I did some rough mix for the production to show them a preview of how it was going to sound like. I no longer own the master, you know, everything was done on a 16-Track reel tape machine. Maybe I still have the sequences on some floppy disk (hehehe). I could remix & post them on the forum when I have a chance.

If there's a place where such a task could make sense is here. Isn't it?

I would be very interested in hearing it, if you could find the time to get it off your floppy, and if it's in a format you can work with.

Thanks guys. As I have a bit of time I will see if I can recover that old stuff and make a mixdown.

The problem is: I no longer have that gear, and it's a shame, I know. I used to have two DX7, an RX5, a Poly800, a D110, an M1R, a Yamaha CS15 and a quite large arsenal of outboards, besides owning a Fender Rhodes, the only piece of equipment to survive, even if it's home now, not in the studio.

Let's see, I'll keep you updated ;-)

JB

• Like 2

• Administrators

Korg Poly800 from 1983 that's cool! Love the sound

Apparently there's a VST for FL Studio called "X-Poly", formally Poly-850.

Yes, that little piece of gear has been quite underrated back in the days, but it's actually been used in first class recordings.

It could deliver deep and warm basses, sensual strings or pads and full lead sounds (great to be injected in a guitar fx for a Hammer-esque result). The first impact for a guy who came from the "knob" world it's been a bit frustrating, but the interface is real friendly and the learning curve a breeze.

Interesting they make a vst of it, I will take a look at it.