JAPANESE: "MIAMI VICE, WE DON'T GET IT!" ARTICLE

COOPER&BURNETT

The JAPANESE don't get MIAMI VICE and it's lingo, and slang. It's very hard for them to translate it! Just read, and you'll see what I mean! :):)Eingefügtes Bild

The article mentions amoung other things....Sonny came out to be "SONY" (like the tv makers) and Tubbs, which came out to be "TABZU" (which means rap music induced headaches) :D:D:D

You got to remember what kind of people the Japanese are, one Japanese film maker said this about his own audience "They're boring", I've seen tons of films from Japan, played tons of videogames set in Japan, watched documentaries on Japan, and I noticed they're not hip, I am not suprised they didn't get the snappy dialogue in the show. If you're Japanese while reading this, scroll up now!: This is coming from remember this, the most shameless and perverted civilizations in the world! Why would they watch a show about busting perverts? Yeah, I have seen what they watch over there. Crockett and Tubbs would have to arrest the whole country if they set an episode over there!

I remember reading that when GEORGE LUCAS first screened STAR WARS in JAPAN in 1977 for the first time, nobody in the audience reacted, clapped, smiled, ...nothing.George was horrified!He said, "I've blown it. They hate it."Only then was he informed that the audience LOVED IT!!! In Japanese culture, giving a film absolute, and total silence shows a major sign of admiration and respect for the film. They were fanatical about it, they LOVED it! The film was a huge hit in Japan.Different cultures react to things different ways. They obviously just have trouble translating American street slang!

• 1 year later...