MIAMI VICE "CROCKETT, TRUDY LINE TWO" STAND IN / EXTRA WEBSITE & PICTURES!

COOPER&BURNETT

Joseph B. Remy was a crew member for MIAMI VICE. He was a stand in, and an extra for every episode of MIAMI VICE, except the Pilot. Below, he tells a little about his story, and time on the set of MIAM VICE.

in-the-office-300x241.jpg

One night a talent agent came to the Taurus to see me, because I had the look they needed to be an extra on “Miami Viceâ€. Unfortunately our gig was usurped by another band . Fortunately, Tom Cloonan (a close and good friend) was in that band and also had a look to land him a gig as an extra. He then informed that they still needed someone like me to fill that requirement. This led to that… and voila, I was on the crew. I worked on all episodes, save the pilot. I was on the show. I made some good friends (some I still have contact with). I remember those days and nights with the fondest of memories. I want to thank Dee Miller (casting director) and all the girls in her office for giving me the chance of a lifetime. I also want to thanks Don Johnson for getting me my S.A.G. card, of course the whole cast and crew, especially the P.A.’s, Assistant Directors, caterers, And most of all John Nicolella (rest in peace, John!) and of course Michael Mann. By the middle of the first year I also became a stand-in for those I matched in stature, and coloring). By the second season I was the “official†stand -in for Edward James Olmos.

jojoeddie0011-300x203.jpgAt-the-job-300x239.jpg

I also stood in for such actor as Ian McShane, Dan Hedaya, George Takei, and a special treat for me Frank Zappa.

jojo-and-Frank001-212x300.jpg

A special thanks goes out to Magdalene Brick for her love and support.

Let me also thank Director Rob Cohen for selecting me for the opening of the episode “Evanâ€.

evan-300x188.jpg

evan13-300x188.jpg

evan23-300x189.jpg

Also, a special thanks to Don Johnson for giving me, my first speaking line, since I did a P.S.A. for the Miami-Dade Public Library system.

Crocket-Trudy-line-two-300x204.jpg

“Crockett, Trudy line twoâ€

Photos Courtesy Universal Pictures © 1986

Miami-Vice002-300x207.jpg

All in all it was a great five years. I learned a hell of alot about being on and behind the camera. I would like to acknowledge the following: Edward James Olmos, Dick Wolf, Don Johnson, James Contner, Tom Priestley, Oliver Wood, Don Gold, Chip Chalmers, Tommy Burns, Bob Simon, Betty Bennett, Michael Talbot, Magdalene Brick, Todd Pinsky, Scott “Chip†Laughlin, Fabio Arber, Michael Williams, and all the others too numerous to list Gene, Biff, Herb…

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Coop, you did it again.

Such an interesting piece of MV history we couldn't read about if not HERE (if not for the great work you do, actually ;-).

Thank you for bringing us back in 1984 everyday.

JB

• Like 1

With continuous kind words, and your encouragement, how could I NOT keep bringing these gems to you? Everytime a kind soul like you says something nice like that, I'm back at it, bringing new things about MIAMI VICE to this site.

Believe me, I have plenty more interesting, historical, and fun Items to share with you!  I'll never leave 1984. NEVER

Thanks again Jerry. Your kind words mean the world to me.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very cool. Just love hearing those stories and seeing the pics from the filming.  Looks like Castillo there in the Burnett/Crockett sequence with Tubbs in the coffin..."Sonny!  Soooooonnny!!!"

• Like 1

You're correct! That is the scene on the beach where Tubbs was in the coffin. I have a rare photo slide from that scene that I'll post someday.

Very interesting, Coop! He looks more like Frank Zappa than EJO. When he stood in for EJO, in the second picture, I wonder if he had to shave off the hair under his lower lip to match his better?

• Like 1