RIP Christopher Lee

Vicefan7777

Just heard about the passing of this great actor.  He brought us so many memorable characters. He will be missed. 

well that was spooky, I was literally just looking him up a few days ago, as a recent game called we happy few heavily reminded me of the wickerman

hmm I dedicate this to him I guess

still a good run, 93 years of age, and all that and he was Ian Flemming's Nephew too, probably the last remaining person who had actually known Ian Flemming in the flesh.

sucks to loose talented people like this, but still 93 years and 60 years of movie and TV history ranging from just about everything, the Avengers To James Bond, to the wickerman, Dracula and the Lord of the Rings.

not many people can claim they had a run like that, I just hope they declassify what he did during the war though, and that he wrote down all those experences somewhere, as I really want to know what he did during the war lol.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

If there was ever such a person as "Most Interesting Man in the World" then Christopher Lee is definitely on the shortlist. According to IMDb has 281 credits to his name (over 200 individual films according to Daily Mail), step-cousin of Ian Fleming and rumored to be one of the men who may have been an inspiration for James Bond, was in Military Intelligence and was once stationed in Africa where he survived Malaria six times, climbed a volcano reportedly only three days before it erupted, hunted Nazis, was reported to be a good Opera singer, not only was in The Lord of the Rings but actually knew JRR Tolkien and even had produced an award-winning heavy metal album later in his life.

Heartbreaking, probably the last of the great Golden era Horror stars. I consider The Wicker Man not only one of the best Horror films made but one of the best films made period. Lee himself was quite proud of the film himself and spoke about often.

Other favorites of mine from his filmography besides The Man with the Golden Gun (which he had a lot of creative input on how Scaramanga was depicted on film as opposed to Fleming's book) are The Devil Rides Out (which was Lee's favorite film he made at Hammer Studios), Horror Express, and the groovy Dracula films he was in towards the end of his run in the Hammer films which were set in what was then modern-day 1970's London (Dracula 1972 and the spy thriller/horror mix The Satanic Rites of Dracula). He was also a favorite of Tim Burton who put in cameos in a lot of his latest films.

To say he will be missed would be an understatement. Even in cameos he brought a remarkable presence and his life story is even more thrilling than the films he made.

R.I.P., Sir Christopher Lee. You were a true legend.

• Like 1

He was the Nazi in the sub in the Spielberg film, 1941, and now I think of him as Count Dookoo. He had a long, and full life. RIP Mr. Lee.

jesus well said Agent 47, I just knew of him from the Avengers, (Never say die was the episode) and James Bond Primarily.

and it was always great to hear that Work Kept him going this long, hell I think that is the secret to a long life really, keep working on the things you love after said requirement has passed and you will live for damn near forever.

hell how funny would it have been to have him in the MODERN avengers, in the marvel universe lol I may be 93 years old but I can still whoop your bony woe is me ass Spiderman!

Edited by Kavinsky

Lee was a friend/relative of Ian Fleming, and frequent golf partner of same. When Dr No was being developed, Fleming wanted Lee to play the role of Dr No though that was not to be. My first recollections of Lee were from the 70s vampire movies.

I read that he turned down the role of Dr Loomis in the 70s movie Halloween which later became a cult favorite and spawned many remakes....  and he reportedly said that was one of his biggest mistakes in acting.

RIP Christopher Lee.

That might have been too close to Vincent Price's Dr Phibes though in Tone, and Donald Pleasence did bring a new sort of take to that kind of character. plus I woudn't of wanted to see him dragged into the Rob Zombie remake films like they did with Malcolm Mcdowell.

so maybe its for the best that he missed out on that, Like the whole Tom Sellek/Harrison Ford thing with Indiana Jones, although honestly, I'd like to flip that if they make another movie.

Mr Lee never made much impact on me as I was never a fan of much of the stuff he was in but still RIP

Edited by Tommy Vercetti