'JURASSIC WORLD' PASSES 'AVENGERS' FOR BIGGEST BOX OFFICE OPENING EVER!

COOPER&BURNETT

Jurassic World had the biggest film opening ...ever. It beat the Avengers' opening week. It has the single day record, and the biggest U.S. weekend opening in history...not to mention the biggest June film opening ever, and the biggest Global box office opening ever. $524.1 million in three days.

jw_zpsuqw1xaby.png

Click the link below to read about it. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FILM_BOX_OFFICE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-14-15-31-12

It cost $150 million to make, so,....in three days it made a profit of $374 million +! 

I saw Jurassic World on Sunday in 3-D, and it's an o.k. flick. The first half was rather slow, but the second half was where the fun really begins. If you like Dino movies, this is the movie for you. Although it had an "already seen it before" story to it, the audience I was with loved it, laughed at the jokes, and clapped at the end. All in all it's a fairly cool movie.

There are many reasons this film took in so much money. One of the biggest reasons is the 3-D and IMAX 3-D tickets are very expensive, and it was purchaed by nearly half of those who saw this film, as Dinos look MUCH more real if they are in 3-D, and look BIG!  Not every film needs to be seen in 3-D or in IMAX. This is the exception. The film was also in more theaters than any Universal movie before, so that helps. There are many other reasons, but those are most likely the biggest reasons.

STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS is poised to crush this record (and every record ever) in December. Don't think it won't, ...because it will.

Look out Jurassic World, STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS is coming to beat that record!

305de699-2a66-477a-903b-ef8c7cdbe5cf_zps 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

A clear suprise to everyone, yes.  I NEVER thought it would be such a hit. Never. However, the long lines I saw said it all. People want this, and spoke with thier wallets.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

well oh well lol I got my mad max back, a proper R one like the old movies of yore (and I hope it ends this biblical plague of self aware PG13 action movies we've been suffering through for the past 10 years, the last two diehards come to mind FYI) and the interceptor will be back, so its only fair they get their jurrasic park back too lol

Hell star wars is still yet to come too, and he's got the right writers.

Edited by Kavinsky

I guess bringing back old ideas of films we all loved, and rebooting them is the "IN" thing now. It used to be redoing TV shows into movies, now it's Movies remade into movies!

"VACATION" is getting a reboot now too. They also are going to Wally World.

Well when you think about it, mad max wasnt really a reboot given he already has the car and the missing bits and bobs used to be on it, such as the spoiler and the headlamp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63465486@N07/sets/72157652983706571

and I think the way to look at it is like the first film in any series is a primer, like TMP,  the rest can go wherever based on that, hell the time difference between TMP and STII was apparently 15 years latter after all. 2271 to 2285

and that's where alot of this stuff is coming from, the gaps left between, either in the past or the future

and based on how good the movie is that can be a good thing or a bad thing, and there still is new IP's here and there, its just that in order for those to come the director, and the writers have to have a good track record with all of the money being put in them nowadays.

unless they use the bottle show way to avoid that, like Reservior Dogs or Star Trek 2, where 70% of the movies took place in the same location, so big movies based on the same old IP's can lead to good unique new things, and that often gets forgotten about movie making

after all there is more than one version of the Maltess Falcon out there, until they got it right.

and its just that when its done badly, it tarnishes the original, like the italian job movie, where you wish it had never happened in the first place.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Jurassic World had the biggest film opening ...ever. It beat the Avengers' opening week. 

Only until Avengers 3 comes out. ;)

I want to see this film for Chris Pratt, absolutely loved him in Guardians Of the Galaxy.

I'm also a massive Marvel fan right here.  :thumbsup:

I enjoyed all the Jurassic movies....especially the first with "IZZY."

I'm fascinated by how real the dinosaurs look,  & imagine how I would escape from them.  :evil:

I usually wait for it to go on DVD but I may want to see it in 3-D.  :thumbsup:

Jurassic Park Theme hits #1 for the first time!

It leaps to the top with a 205 percent gain to 3,000 sold in the week ending June 14, according to Nielsen Music. The sweeping instrumental has sold 189,000 downloads to-date!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6605084/jurassic-park-theme-hits-no-1-first-time

• Administrators

I heard it wasn't that great, and basically pissed all over the original it just to make a quick buck. 

So I'm not going to watch it. :p

• Like 1

I heard it wasn't that great, and basically pissed all over the original it just to make a quick buck. 

So I'm not going to watch it. :p

What strikes me these days is the lack of originality in Hollyweird. They seem to be only capable of recycling movies in endless sequels (Jurassic, Terminator, Avengers, Expendables, et al) as well as doing the same for some TV series, sometimes with disastrous results such as with The Green Hornet movie remake.

What strikes me these days is the lack of originality in Hollyweird. They seem to be only capable of recycling movies in endless sequels (Jurassic, Terminator, Avengers, Expendables, et al) as well as doing the same for some TV series, sometimes with disastrous results such as with The Green Hornet movie remake.

I believe we must consider that studios look at the bottom line, the almighty dollar.  When a movie makes hundreds of millions of dollars, studio execs will green light a sequel. If it worked once, they do it again and again.  I personally am a big fan of the Jurassic Park and Terminator series so I will watch them.  Other series I will totally past.  

If people didn't see those type of movies, they wouldn't make them. Yes, films are becoming less original, but until people stop going, they will continue to make them.

• Administrators

Yeah exactly, all remakes, reboots, franchises, and superheroes. I don't waste my time with these "blockbusters", they're all the same anyway. Same plot, different script.

I mostly only watch movies by small and indie studios, because they're the only people who actually have an interest in making a good movie and aren't doing it just to get rich. 

I believe we must consider that studios look at the bottom line, the almighty dollar.  When a movie makes hundreds of millions of dollars, studio execs will green light a sequel. If it worked once, they do it again and again.  I personally am a big fan of the Jurassic Park and Terminator series so I will watch them.  Other series I will totally past.  

Of course they follow the $s, but it doesn't change the reality that these movies also came from original creative thinking, and yet recycling them over and over into sequels redirects studio resources away from new projects. For me at least, I see very few that had really good sequels...most are big letdowns with predictable and watered down plotlines.

T3 and T-Salvation for example were terrible imo, and Arnold is over the hill now, and once you've seen a dinosaur on screen the shock effect is less next time around. Sooner or later people will tire of retreads.

well it is like I said, its partly the studio needs to have faith in a director and script writer to pen new things, and by making sure that they can do this with solid assests, this will hopefully lead to this and new works being created.

its just that the biggest will always get the most news and we dont really have a New Line Cinema or Orion Company around anymore to Do Movies like Year Of the Dragon, Hitman, Or Robocop, instead we've got Happy Madson's production company (god help us) and Platnium Dunes (double god help us)