Cadillac Couch --- Miami Vice prop?

airtommy

In the book "The Making of Miami Vice", set decorator Bob Lacey says he was offered a prop which was "the front end of a Cadillac that's been cut out and made into a couch".  He says he was eager to use it, but it isn't clear if he actually did.

Does anyone recall seeing this item in a MV episode?

Didn't Izzy own one? Actually, it was the rear end of a Caddy, and it was more of a chair, then a couch. The tail lights light up. It can be seen in LEND ME AND EAR.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Yes I believe it was in season five...(Can't remember the episode)

Izzy was living in that weird cave like dwelling and yes, as Coop Says, it was the tail end of the car with cushions in the trunk like a couch.

time to grab the dvd's and find this episode again.

I'll check back in and let you know what episode it was, but Coop is probably correct in saying "Lend me and Ear".

Edited by Stinger390X

Didn't Izzy own one? Actually, it was the rear end of a Caddy, and it was more of a chair, then a couch. The tail lights light up. It can be seen in LEND ME AND EAR.

Yup, exactly!

Izzy_tbird.png

Edited by airtommy

Well that's not a Cadillac. Its a 1957 or 58 Dodge. I believe those are Desoto taillights sold at Dodge Dealers back then.

• Like 1

Looks like you've nailed it, Stinger390X!  This is a good match:

firesweep_tail.jpg

This book has plenty of mistakes in it, so it could just be the author's mistake.  Or maybe the set decorator just found a prop that's not the same one he was called about.

Edited by airtommy