Miami Vice flashback music video with Pitbull & Chris Brown / Vice styled videoclip

MTVcops

A couple weeks ago a friend in Miami who's in the music industry gave me the inside scoop that Chris Brown & Pitbull were going to start shooting a music video after Memorial Day weekend, so I thought I'd share this with all you Vice fans.

From what I know they will be using both vehicles (Daytona Spyder & Testarossa) also shooting will take place at the original Pink House used on Miami Vice.

Daytona Spyder is being rented from Dezer Collection located in North Miami not sure where the TR came from

Appearances by original cast members like Don Johnson Philip Michael Thomas and Edward James Olmos are expected but not guaranteed (see pictures attached)

post-5174-0-21923000-1433094323_thumb.jp

post-5174-0-28278800-1433094355_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Dezer Museum, I've been there ;-)

post-5426-0-85147500-1433104607_thumb.jp

Let's keep finger crossed, but honestly I don't think the original members will show up in the video.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

As if the original stars would waste time with people like Pitbull and Chris Brown, I'm sure they've got much better things to do..knowing PB and Chris Brown it will be some horrible rap crap.

• Administrators

As if the original stars would waste time with people like Pitbull and Chris Brown, I'm sure they've got much better things to do..knowing PB and Chris Brown it will be some horrible rap crap.

Pitbull is the worst kind, he usually just samples popular dance tracks and adds his shit meaningless lyrics about drinking and sex on top of it. 

If the original charted, then of course his version will, easy money I guess.

I still take pride in the fact that his Australian tour got cancelled due to the lack of ticket sales.  :thumbsup: 

And I heard one of Chris Brown's latest songs on MTV the other night, the lyrics were just... Disgusting. Made me ask myself the question - Does anybody even pay attention to lyrics anymore?

Read this: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/chrisbrown/ayo.html

Seriously, THIS is what has become of music?

As far as I know, Pitbull is a kind of dog....

Sincerely, I never heard about these guys and - according to what I read here - they will leave a trace in music like the fly I hit now on my neck did.

James, you're right. Lyrics are unnecessary when music is downgraded to the level of a tickling sound.

• Like 1

Just because these guys got a Daytona and Testarossa and threw on a couple of pink linen suits doesn't make it Miami Vice...for one thing, Sonny and Rico didn't wear pink blazers..

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 1

Pitbull is the worst kind, he usually just samples popular dance tracks and adds his shit meaningless lyrics about drinking and sex on top of it. 

If the original charted, then of course his version will, easy money I guess.

I still take pride in the fact that his Australian tour got cancelled due to the lack of ticket sales.  :thumbsup: 

And I heard one of Chris Brown's latest songs on MTV the other night, the lyrics were just... Disgusting. Made me ask myself the question - Does anybody even pay attention to lyrics anymore?

Read this: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/chrisbrown/ayo.html

Seriously, THIS is what has become of music?

Well said....and for me seeing these two in a vice-themed shoot is tantamount to sacrilege.  

wait chris brown, oh that guy, oh the one who beat up the girl, the wife beater.... I didnt think much of this as the avatar was blinding me from reading this proper FYI and I was too busy remembering everything for the pro build thread lol

as once I get going I get going lol

oh well I'll take these tributes over it

as I doubt those guys have the mechanical knowhow of Lazerhawk and Junkie XL to properly make a tribute to modern new age insturmental music like these guys do, after all, all they want to do is cash in on an image of cool

its what the uncool do after all lol they dont make it there own and build upon it, they just steal it hand over fist to make themselves look cool upon people who dont know the source material. and it is 30 years post and nolstagia is in.

and note both of those guys used the show and poped it up on a pedestal for the new comers to get a taste of it, Vice City style.

and ontop of that it takes real talent to go from that, to this with Junkie

spoilers for the new movie FYI, so dont watch it if you dont want it spoiled, god that movie was awesome lol

and the maker of that video isnt half bad either

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Well said....and for me seeing these two in a vice-themed shoot is tantamount to sacrilege.  

I think it is very insulting to the series. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For James, a review of Pitbull below....and after listening to a couple of his tracks, I can't disagree. :p

And one line in there was "It never ceases to amaze me that in every one of his songs he brags about his sexual prowess and engaging in explicit sex acts with groups of beautiful women, despite the fact that he looks like Mole-Rat from Kim Possible."

http://www.irkitated.com/2013/01/i-hate-pitbull.html

Certainly doesn't have the class of one James Sonny Crockett, nor the class needed to portray him in a video.

The video itself was well shot and the beat used was quite good but the lyrics seemed quite inconsueqential to what the video opens with. I know I shouldn't be expecting Smuggler's Blues quality song writing but if you're going to open with something about your girlfriend being a smuggler shouldn't that have been the focus of the video? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this and coming across as a twenty-three old Grandpa telling Pitbull to get off my lawn but you have a hook and obviously put a ton of money into making it look like Miami Vice so why not go the extra distance with a song that would have made this memorable?

For James, a review of Pitbull below....and after listening to a couple of his tracks, I can't disagree. :p

And one line in there was "It never ceases to amaze me that in every one of his songs he brags about his sexual prowess and engaging in explicit sex acts with groups of beautiful women, despite the fact that he looks like Mole-Rat from Kim Possible."

Certainly doesn't have the class of one James Sonny Crockett, nor the class needed to portray him in a video.

Well said.  Mole Rat--- :D  :D  :D

• Administrators

Bahaha. 5-star review, I really enjoyed that.  :thumbsup: This guy is spot on.

By the way, the Naked Mole-Rat in Kim Possible is named Rufus. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't have the "Miami Vice" feeling to it, it seemed more like a generic Spring Break themed music video which just so happened to be at the famous Miami Vice locations and have Miami Vice props.