New, but lurking for awhile....

Icemanmike

Hey there, officially new here, yet lurked around the org site and now here. Here to stay. I grew up watching this great show and in 1984 and when your 17 or so, this was VERY influential to someone with not much direction in life and living in a state surrounded mostly by water and familiar with the boating scene...You get the hint. I'm also into musclecars-especially Pontiacs and it's nice to see some in the show. I'm thinking of building a Daytona kit car in the future and yes, the process is right up my alley...There has been so much influential articles and topics and enthusiasm, I can't begin to name them all, yet a few stand out...Stinger390X...Thanx for all the wonderful info and pics of your boat...COOPER & BURNETT....What can I say...Thank YOU SOOO MUCH for all the pics, info and sharing with all of us your behind the scenes photos, clothing and props...Priceless!! I am so happy and grateful(and I'm sure you can agree) that you have the closet that you have. The time, funds, and opportunity to pursue, preserve and share with us the simply unattainable. The outlook you have on your "Being a fan" post was great. Why not enjoy the clothing from prolly the greatest show ever made?? My cousine played for the Steelers and I have one of his jerseys...just not the same..I think compliments come easier from the ladies when your wearing a blazer with a henley, anyways...My only regret was not finding this site sooner. I just started to put a subtle wardrobe together to enjoy this summer with the top down-yes, I do own a convertible. I have alot of catching up to do and as I grew up watching the series when it originally came out and countless re-runs on many cable affiliates and I now(like everyone else here) own the whole series on disc. I used to just watch, now I like to experience it with a love and understanding that I never had since I visited this site. I am now just understanding the magnitude of this show and what it stood for-I absolutely LOVE the pics in the travel section!! There were soo many one liners that I have and still use to this day from this show and have had many opportunities to replicate scenes from some eps I've saw in the past...It's all about the timing and situations you get into;)...Anyway, hello to all and I feel as if I have alot of catching up to do....Mike

• Administrators

Welcome!Check out our glossary if you have not done so before. Lots of great info for you to read.Click ---> here

• Administrators

Mike, if you like Vice, you have come to the right place! This site is almost a year old and we're just beginning to hit our stride. If you can't find what you need here just ask! The glossary alone could keep you busy for weeks!

Thank-you so much, I do appreciate it. I'm serious about it...I wish I would have found this before...Long ago....I don't just like it, I love it and all that it relates to...I look from time to time for some grown-up toys and I found a 39 foot Stinger on e-bay today...Hoochie Momma!!...Too bad it's in Arizona and the colors are off a bit...I'm kinda broke too....I am serious about the Daytona thing....Start by chopping up a Corvette....I'm in...Having one of those babies would be wicked cool and the bummer would be that summer is only a few months long where I live...Just alot of research for now....I'm more into building than buying. I've dove into alot of areas on this site already without- signing up and I couldn't stand it any more...I wanted the full effect and not just lurking. I love tose photos that Tony put up there and the amount of time and research that went into the locations and where-abouts, narrowed it down to what episodes, scenes....You ROCK!!....The trivia, quotes, deleted scenes pics....And the big question....What is COOPER and BURNETT gonna post/share next??......This could go on forever!! ....Sweet!!

Welcome aboard Mike and thanks for the kind words. You will have a good time here and learn lots about lots!!!!I too am a piston head from days gone buy. I did own my share of Pontiac's, but I bleed blue, as I am a die-hard Ford fanatic and into muscle. (that should make for some interesting debates?)Welcome and have fun catching up on many of the topics that may interest you. Post your own questions as well as there are lots of knowlegable people around here such as Ferrariman and Coop, Timm and many others who seem to have plethora of knowledge regarding anything MV.