Vern & Bob's Sparkling Cider?

airtommy

In the "Hard Knocks" opening teaser, we see an ad for "Vern & Bob's Sparkling Cider" on the side of the 18-wheel tractor-trailer.  We see the same ad in the opening teaser of the next episode,"Fruit of the Poison Tree" (in the train station).

Here is a pic from our glossary:  http://miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/hard01.jpg

I've Googled this brand, but I can't find any reference to it.  Was this a real thing?  These ads are very prominent and it sure seems like the company paid NBC for this exposure.

I don't believe it is a real company however there was a product very similar and at the moment I forget the name, but they used two old farts sitting in rocking chairs to pitch the stuff. The commercials were very popular back in the eighties and I think they are just "Spoofing" the original brand.

I'll try to find the original commercial on you tube and post it later on

• Like 1

I don't believe it is a real company however there was a product very similar and at the moment I forget the name, but they used two old farts sitting in rocking chairs to pitch the stuff. The commercials were very popular back in the eighties and I think they are just "Spoofing" the original brand.

I'll try to find the original commercial on you tube and post it later on

Yes! That was good old "Bartles & Jaymes". I thought of them as well when I saw the "Vern and Bob's". 

• 2 weeks later...