The Critc Vs the Viewer/User

Kavinsky

Normally I wouldnt really highlight something like this, but his topic and discussion about this game brings up a very interesting viewpoint on the life of a critic vs that of a normal viewer or user in any subject really.

The Critic is always looking for the newest stuff, while the viewer and user is just looking for something to enjoy, its kind of an interesting Dichotomy, and yes I know I just spoiled the point of the video, but nontheless the entire thing is worth sitting through to pull your own viewpoints from

plus its mad max, something I've have a soft spot for, I mean hell I can list off the specs of the interceptor in my head as I type this for god sakes lol

but regardless of that I often wondered when I enjoy something that in enjoying someone else doesnt, someone whom I respect or look to for insite am I wrong, am I just a pessant plebian or incomptetent fool who just doesnt get it, someone who is not worthy, like I'm out of a wayne and garth movie lol

and I wonder does this kind of thing also apply to senses of humor, where knowning and reading up on things to know more than your audience would basically give you a higher probabilty of insuring a laugh out of them if you were a comedian. 

after all humor is an unexpected reaction, and if you know more than your audience on said subject it would increase the likely hood of breaking through and getting an unexpected laugh out of someone, to touch back on a previous topic I think I've talked about in the past. as the worst thing is to telegraph a joke or reuse the same thing over and over like an idiot trying to knock down a solid steel wall in fort knock with a sledgehammer in the night.

like that just aint gonna work pal lol

Edited by Kavinsky