Summertime

miamijimf

Now speaking about summer to me the worst season is fall and November being the most awful month. I agree with Vicestonia, you are very lucky.

Though I do enjoy a cool breeze now and then. 

I'm in the middle of a few weeks on the coast in the Southeast. My warm sunny yesterday was spent in the ocean, surfing, swimming and happily obtaining a solid sunburn before walking over to my favorite beach bar for the evening. However, as the sun faded, I felt a chill in the air, and the realization that fall has arrived. I can't deny that I do greatly enjoy the season very much, but I plan to hold on to these beach days as long as possible. Happy autumn to everyone! And that goes for you too, miamijimf,  Enjoy that great Miami weather, Pal! 

• Like 2

I wish I could say the same about summer. The last 10 days in Sofia have been anything but vicey, with lots of rain and cold settling in. It's a shame since the brand new white suit I ordered just arrived and I was looking forward to trying it out in a warmer setting.

I just broke down in the Arizona desert for three days. Finally got going on Wednesday and got to Phoenix on Thursday when my A.C Quit!!!

108 degrees in the shade!

Got to Vegas the next day and still hovering at 100 or 99 or so!

I passed through Denver where it got down to 36 at night. What a relief from siting in my vehicle in a hothouse!

I love summer the best being an avid boater for many years, but I do like the seasons and fall brings many colours for those pleasant Sunday drives through the backlands.

• Like 1

108 degrees in the shade!

Got to Vegas the next day and still hovering at 100 or 99 or so!

I passed through Denver where it got down to 36 at night. What a relief from siting in my vehicle in a hothouse!

I love summer the best being an avid boater for many years, but I do like the seasons and fall brings many colours for those pleasant Sunday drives through the backlands.

You're a long way from Canada, Stinger.  SoCal is in the middle of a heat wave right now.  It's in the low 90's at the beach this weekend!  Long Beach is 94 degrees.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

Damn, it's 15 Celsius here, been raining for 5 days straight. I envy you guys for your marine climate.

We do have a great climate on the coast here in Southern California.  No complaints.  Inland can get hot as hell, though.  It's just that many beach communities get so little really hot weather, no one has air conditioning.  So when a real scorcher hits, it gets pretty unbearable at times.  Everyone in Las Vegas has A/C so 106 means stay indoors to keep cool.  Our house is currently 91 inside and it's not even noon!  We can also use some of your rain to help our drought.  :)

• Like 1

We do have a great climate on the coast here in Southern California.  No complaints.  Inland can get hot as hell, though.  It's just that many beach communities get so little really hot weather, no one has air conditioning.  So when a real scorcher hits, it gets pretty unbearable at times.  Everyone in Las Vegas has A/C so 106 means stay indoors to keep cool.  Our house is currently 91 inside and it's not even noon!  We can also use some of your rain to help our drought.  :)

I know what you mean, have been to southern Turkey in August and it's just like you described it in Las Vegas. I'd welcome the ability to balance the weather. :-)

You're a long way from Canada, Stinger.  SoCal is in the middle of a heat wave right now.  It's in the low 90's at the beach this weekend!  Long Beach is 94 degrees.

Yes I'm traveling a lot. Heading o the beautiful Rockies in the west of Canada and then to Vancouver one of my favourite cities! The weather in Victoria on the island is said to be the best in Canada! Vancouver is also nice because it rarely gets snow and is quite pleasant, but it does rain often because of the mountains.

Summer is over for me at home as the Marina is almost empty and the docks will be coming out soon.