Silk Stalkings

JDe75

Anyone remember this 90ies show? Hell, it was the Miami Vice of the 90ies in my opinion. Rob Estes wore colorfull suits, they were detectives in Palm Beach...

_img1280.jpg

I actually like the show, I remember watching it like every episode when it aired.I'm a child of the 80ies but I was of age to go bars and such in the 90ies. And looking at the show now, that was actually how we dressed here.

I actually remember wearing this Green on Purple -combination, but today I was quite horrified to see that :D

_img1280.jpg

Anyway, good watch even today though not nearly as great as Miami Vice. Though sometimes Estes' suits are a bit too much, like the above, but sometimes they're just fine... Just thought this could be a fun subject to bring up....

_img1280.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yes, I remember this show.  You are correct.  It was Miami Vice of the 90's.  I to watched this weekly and enjoyed the style of clothing.  Which at that time was a revolt against the ugly grunge style popular at that time.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Remember it well. Especially Mitzi Kapture!  The show ran for 8 seasons. I watched it until they actually changed the 2 lead characters about midway through the series.  The IMDB describes it as a "Miami Vice' ripoff with less style and substance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101198/

I've heard about this show when Miami Vice TV influences is brought up.I was in diapers by middle of season 2 so I never saw it in its original run sadly.I'm watching the first episode on the tube and looks cool to me :cool: Definitely has that Vicey feel going on.Even the opening is similar to Miami Vices.

Edited by BlueAir

Heh... I used to have the episodes on tape as well. Those were VHS-tapes at the time and I lost them all when I got rid of the whole VCR. But luckily the episodes are on Youtube, at least quite many of them.

I also stopped watching about the time when the series leads changed. Just didn't feel the same with the new actors and I lost interest. Must watch them now though, they might be good for all I know.

I didn't watch the show so I was surprised to hear it was set in Palm Beach,  I was friends with a girl who worked in production on the show.  They filmed it in San Diego where she lived.  Thought it was set there, I guess.  I visited the set a few times, but like I said, never actually watched it to know it was a Vice-type series.

I watched this, on and off back when it originally aired. My girlfriend at the time had a slight crush on Rob. I definitely thought it was drawing some inspiration from Vice, or at least attempting to mirror certain elements.  And although I can't recall a singe episode or plot line, I remember the sets being extremely colorful. I think the police HQ was generally lit up like a night club. It might be fun to go back and gaze an episode or two, thanks for posting this.

I think the police HQ was generally lit up like a night club.

Haha....it did. The Captain actually rants about it in the first episode.

"How am I supposed to work in a place like this? This is supposed to be a precinct. That's somethin out of a science fiction movie. You know they spent millions to remodel this place, and the joke is I can't get a dime for a new Officer or new equipment."

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

BTW, nice Miami Vice reference in 16th episode, when Chris and Rita were undercover and Chris posed as a highroller from Miami, driving a Ferrari (impounded).

_img1280.jpg

Rita goes "Oh terrific you look like Don Johnson and I look like a happy hooker." :)

Edited by JDe75
  • Like 3

Haha....it did. The Captain actually rants about it in the first episode.

"How am I supposed to work in a place like this? This is supposed to be a precinct. That's somethin out of a science fiction movie. You know they spent millions to remodel this place, and the joke is I can't get a dime for a new Officer or new equipment."

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

BTW, nice Miami Vice reference in 16th episode, when Chris and Rita were undercover and Chris posed as a highroller from Miami, driving a Ferrari (impounded).

_img1280.jpg

Rita goes "Oh terrific you look like Don Johnson and I look like a happy hooker." :)

Nice screenshots! Now I really have to go back and watch an episode or two.Nice Vice reference, it's great that they sort of admitted the inspiration there.

• Like 1