Translating rest of seasons to Turkish of Miami Vice and Airing History Of Miami Vice In Turkey

Joey Hardin

Hi everyone I have been thinking to write this for a long time even I tried Miami Vice re-broadcast on tv again but the change.org campaign failed.

Anyway actually I wanted to write you for translating rest of seasons Miami Vice to Turkish. In 2004 (Channel D) Kanal D Home Video Took the DVD releasing right from universal and translated season 1 to Turkish. But even so couple of episodes's a few replic translated wrong to Turkish. As we Turkish fans we fixed this on subtitle editing programs like subtitle workshop. But since 2004 Although heavy requests no one didn't translate Miami Vice's rest of seasons (2-3-4-5)  to Turkish. We as Turkish fans we are not happy for this situation. My point is how can the miamiviceonline.com management and other nationality fans of Miami Vice can help or give an idea us for translating rest seasons of Miami Vice to Turkish language?

You can see the requests on this site:http://forum.altyazi.org/index.php?showtopic=57737

Let me introduce the broadcasting history of Miami Vice in Turkey

this was the first news about of Miami Vice. Miami Vice will be air by TRT Network a few mounth later.

64jdav.jpg

Heart Of Darkness (The first episode aired by TRT Network TV 1)

fvd74p.jpg2a5wrvb.jpg

The Great McCarthy episode 27 June 1986 aired by TRT Network TV1

21lldgy.jpg

Miami Vice had been broadcasted by Turkish National Radio Television Company TRT in 18 April 1986 Friday between 22.March 1988 Tuesday (the last aired episode was Back In The World on Channel TRT TV2)  on channel 1-2 and 3(with re-broadcast episodes which TRT has been bought from NBC)

Miami Vice had been broadcasted with a translated broadcasting name "Kanun Namına" (The Word mean can be translate "for law" or "for the sake of law") I don't know why they put this name on the show for Turkish Audience but probably cause of being a cop show, anyway...They started to airing with Heart Of Darkness (translating as Karanlığın Kalbi) episode as episode 1 in 18 April 1986 on TRT TV1 at 22:40(10:40 PM) on friday night and miami vice aired every friday night at 22:40 between 23:00/50 (10:40 between 11:00 or 11:50 PM)

Back In The World (The last aired episode on TRT Network TV 2)

i6zcj7.jpg

In 3 July 1986 they put the show on Thursday Nights and a couple of month they put the show on Tuesday nights and Miami Vice aired till 22 March 1988 Tuesday. And they finished to air Miami Vice on season 2 episode 10 (Back In The World) on TRT Network. They didn't buy more broadcasting claim. So the show's new episodes didn't broadcast till 16 November 1990 Friday Night. The Parliament gave to right of broadcasting to the private sector (no communal network like TRT)  and Magicbox Network's STAR 1 channel was born.

5fekjk.jpg

10fdfsy.jpg

STAR 1 Network took the airing right from NBC in Turkey and started broadcasting from Season 2 episode 11 Phill The Shill episode to Season 5 Freefall episode (which TRT network has left on Season 2 episode 10 Back In The World episode the last aired episode on TRT network) till 1995.

Of course Magicbox network too changed the airing day of Miami Vice. Last they put the show on Magicbox Network to sunday like NBC did.

Edited by Knight&Crockett
  • Like 1

Interesting information about Turkey, thanks!
In Bulgaria, Miami Vice (not sure which seasons) was broadcast about 3-4 years ago by a cable network with relatively low ratings and off prime time. The main problem was that the network had decided against using subtitles and had actually hired actors (who definitely were not the best ones) to dub over the original dialogue. This took a great deal away from the spirit of the show and after trying to watch two full episodes, I decided to source the episodes with original audio, which I did eventually. However, I do believe that the poor quality of the dubbed over audio didn't help with the show gaining any new fans here.
I'd like to congratulate you on deciding to use subtitles, this is really the right choice in this matter. Good luck with bringing MV to Turkey again!

Interesting information about Turkey, thanks!

In Bulgaria, Miami Vice (not sure which seasons) was broadcast about 3-4 years ago by a cable network with relatively low ratings and off prime time. The main problem was that the network had decided against using subtitles and had actually hired actors (who definitely were not the best ones) to dub over the original dialogue. This took a great deal away from the spirit of the show and after trying to watch two full episodes, I decided to source the episodes with original audio, which I did eventually. However, I do believe that the poor quality of the dubbed over audio didn't help with the show gaining any new fans here.

I'd like to congratulate you on deciding to use subtitles, this is really the right choice in this matter. Good luck with bringing MV to Turkey again!

Thanks for the information about of Bulgaria. Great news that they aired again Miami Vice in Bulgaria. In Turkey a digital crypted satallite called Digitürk's channel Show Plus aired again Miami Vice for a while. I hope someone do translate rest of seasons to Turkish. We want to understand other seasons's episode so much. But unfortunately no one don't translate to Turkish :( I hope miamiviceonline give us an idea or support to do this.

And This is from Magicbox Network's Star 1 in 1990's(In middle of 90's Interstar and now Star TV) Kanun Namına(Miami Vice) on season 3

Edited by Knight&Crockett