Miami Vice Preparation On Set (photos of Sherry Thorup)

summer84

jfxhsm.jpg  

Sherry Thorup was the location manager on Miami Vice in the first 22 episodes of season 1 (1984-1985)

vnkqdv.jpg

"Landing helicopter at the 'old Nixon estate Heli-pad' in Key Biscayne for Miami Vice"

What she wrote to these pictures on her facebook page.

ilj121.jpg

I looked her up on IMDb and she was actually born Sherril Lynne Yeager....

edj88.jpg

"setting up for stunt"

wbyzpx.jpg

"miami vice stunt truck in bay"

Once more I came across some Miami Vice related pictures. Glad that I can share these with you guys. :)

• Like 4

Last two photos look like they are from the episode "Nobody Lives Forever."

Sherry use to have a website and a few people here tried to contact her for some scene location help.

• Like 1

Cool photos, summer84!

Yup that must be it.

I wonder about the helipad photos.  Golden Triangle, The Great McCarthy, or Calderone's Return are the 3 S1 eps I can think of that used that property.

• Like 1

Extremely cool! At first glance, I thought Definitely Miami, but the car in the drink tells me I'm way off.  I have to agree that it's Nobody Lives Forever.

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing seeing such photos from over 30 years ago suddenly showing up on this site!!! an impressive collection of absolutely rare vice-related photos has built up in this forum meanwhile, thanks summer84 for this latest addition!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.  Great pics :cool:

Thank you DJAngel! How can I not..... :)

Sherry use to have a website and a few people here tried to contact her for some scene location help.

I looked at the episode and you are right about the two last pics. :thumbsup: She still has the website http://thorup.com/.

Cool photos, summer84!

Yup that must be it.

I wonder about the helipad photos.  Golden Triangle, The Great McCarthy, or Calderone's Return are the 3 S1 eps I can think of that used that property.

Thanks airtommy! I haven't been able to track down the copter pics. But a member on facebook mentioned Calderones's return part 2.

Perhaps that's the one! I gotta check it out.

It's amazing the new pics our members find.  Keep them coming summer84.

Always my pleasure Vicefan7777. :cheers:

Extremely cool! At first glance, I thought Definitely Miami, but the car in the drink tells me I'm way off.  I have to agree that it's Nobody Lives Forever.

Thanks CharlieGlide! Yes it's the episode Nobody Lives Forever.

Absolutely amazing seeing such photos from over 30 years ago suddenly showing up on this site!!! an impressive collection of absolutely rare vice-related photos has built up in this forum meanwhile, thanks summer84 for this latest addition!

I'm very happy, that I can add more of these rare ones to the hopefully never ending collection of all of the incredible stuff, that has already been posted on this site. Every time I think there aren't any more out there, I manage to find some. :)  :cool:

2ry5wfd.jpg
Boxes with 1 pair flamingos.

etut0w.jpg
Green plants.

144b3aw.jpg

fllc1y.jpg

The buildings with the "red on top" can be seen from the left side of the pic Sherry took.

Well while I was at it I couldn't resist. :) It's the same guy in the green shirt, the same yellow truck, boxes with "1 pair flamingos" and the green plants. Interesting to get a rare look at what happened afterwards.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Cool photos, summer84!

Yup that must be it.

The pics seem to be from Back in the World where they used the helipad for the Vietnam scene in the teaser

The pics seem to be from Back in the World where they used the helipad for the Vietnam scene in the teaser

According to IMDB, Sherry Thorup only worked on MV during S1.  I just watched the scene and that is not the right type of helicopter.  The one in her photo has wheels but the ones in "Back in the World" do not.  She has some behind-the-scenes pics of "Golden Triangle" on her website:  http://thorup.com/mvcast_photo.html  I looked at the helicopter in "Golden Triangle" and it's also wrong.  It's also a different limo and helicopter than the ones in Definitely Miami.

• Like 1

First 3 helicopter photos could possibly be the cast and or director flying in from another filming location? Or maybe deleted scenes from an episode?

I wish I knew. I couldn't find the copter/car in any of the season 1 episodes. Though I was mostly searching for the copter. And there is a man sitting in the car, so perhaps a deleted scene. But then the question is, from which episode could it have been.

This was the only link, I could find about helicopters in Miami Vice. http://www.rotaryaction.com/pages/miamivice.html

Could it have been from the episode "The Great McCarthy" or some of the other episodes in which this property was used?

In which it could have been a possible deleted scene??

I checked C Glides website http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page23.html

And later on another website about Richard Nixon's old estate.

Sherry wrote to the chopter pic, as posted below the first pictures - "Landing helicopter at the 'old Nixon estate

Heli-pad' in Key Biscayne for Miami Vice."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303342104579097302599003992   

at page 13 the three buildings can be seen. The same ones from Sherry's pictures.                             

http://carlanthonyonline.com/2012/07/20/inside-the-winter-white-house-the-70s-nixon-florida-home/

20zy2hf.jpg

Edited by summer84