any STING fans?

Dadrian

well, he did have one song on MV ("tea in the sahara" - the maze), but this is still kind off topic.sting is one of my biggest musical influences. he appeals to people in all countries, so i thought there may be some other fans on here.i've seen him live 3 times, and i'd like to again, if he comes back to texas.i haven't seen the new Police - Certifiable live dvd yet, but i'm sure it's amazing.

I have been a big fan since day one...Way back in the late seventies there was a concert up here in Ontario Canada in Barrie at the Molson park called "The Police Picnic"It was on two years in a row and I got to see the Police back then when they were relatively unknown. There were a lot of other bands too as well and it was a cool show. I can't afford the thousand dollars a ticket for his latest tour. Sting, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and of course our own Leonard Cohen tickets are out of this world for the average fan.Screw Ticketmaster!

Yes, big Sting (and Police) fan. I think he's a great songwriter and musician. I saw The Police a couple of years ago, great concert.

i envy both of you on the police shows.on the ticketmaster note, i paid well over $100 for all three sting shows i saw, if i remember correctly, but i wasn't disappointed. it is kind of ridiculous when you think about it, though.do you guys (or anyone else) have a favorite sting/police song?i think "message in a bottle" is his best ever (esp. live! that song ROCKS!!)my favorite record is "ten summoner's tales" from 1993. it had "if i ever lose my faith in you", "fields of gold", and "shape of my heart". it's a flawless album, imo.Eingefügtes Bild

Im a great Police fan (not Sting). For me its like Crockett and Tubbs. Doesnt fit in my mind Sting without Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland. I never expected i would see them playing together again.If you can, you can find some rare song versions (demos) from the police days at youtube.

• Administrators

Screw Ticketmaster!

Hummm... The Ticketmaster by me closed up a few years ago???I wonder if they couldn't afford to be a part of it anymore??? :confused:

I like The Police much more than Sting alone. Even then, I'm only a casual fan (there was a point when I wasn't even that). That said, Zenyatta Mondatta and Syncronocity are ridiculously cool albums. "Canary in a Colamine" (from Zenyatta) is a blast.

Zenyatta Mondatta and Syncronocity are ridiculously cool albums. "Canary in a Colamine" (from Zenyatta) is a blast.

excellent choices, lar, esp. zenyatta: police at their very best, imo.

One of my favorites is "Voices inside my Head" (I love the base line) and "DaDo DO DO..Da Da DA DA, That's all I want to day to you................"CLASSIC Police for sure.

One of my favorites is "Voices inside my Head" (I love the base line)

:) listening to it right now. bass and drums are just great on that one.

i wish they would make a new record :rolleyes:

I seem to remember hearing something about the band working on new material around the time of the announcement for the new tour.

• 2 weeks later...

It was definitely the look for that eraSting also played in "Quadrophenia" as one of the "Mods" He was excellent in such a short cameo appearance. Quite memorable actually.

i saw "quadrophenia" once. i was shocked because i'd never heard of it and i wasn't ready. it was really neat, though. sting is very talented. he was good in "lock stock and two smoking barrels", too.