Anyone watch "Shadow in the Dark" for Halloween?

CharlieGlide

I don't watch "Shadow in the Dark" too often as I usually tell myself it's a sort of Halloween episode.

I watched it a couple night's ago, and man, does that episode ever hold up!  It's so great.  I love how dark Sonny gets in it.  How he just gets so deep.

The scene with Sonny and Castillo in the coffee shop where Sonny is drinking the whiskey and Castillo says, "Cancel the one."  Brilliant.  I have such an appreciation for how that little scene and especially that small beat is so exemplary of the series.

And don't even get me started on how perfectly played the character of Lt. Gilmore is played by Jack Thibeau.  "Why you afraid of a little hard work!"  

I use that line on a workmate all the time.  I totally forgot it was from this episode until I had it on recently.

• Like 2

Yes, I watched it on Halloween.  You can read my review in the DVD episode discussion thread :).  It's a great episode--holds up just fine on its own (without the Halloween association) just as you say--the scene with Sonny and Castillo is a gem within an excellent episode.  Sonny's intensity as he attempts to "see like him, think like him, eat like him, be like him" in order to figure out where he will strike next is some great acting.  He gets past his original repulsion in order to solve the case...but by getting so deep into the cat's head, is he risking his objectivity and his own identity--his ability to do his job as a cop?

The creepy, weird cat burglar, with his irrational fetishes and the escalation of his intrusions, notches up the atmosphere for Halloween.  It certainly could make a person afraid to be alone in their home at night!

• Like 1

I don't watch "Shadow in the Dark" too often as I usually tell myself it's a sort of Halloween episode.

Great timing here, as this episode is next up for my season 3 viewing tonight! For Halloween, I actually re-watched "Out Where the Buses Don't Run", one of my favorites for the season.

• Like 1

Honestly I replayed through one of my old horror games, Half Life 2, for that lol

didnt honestly even think about it really.

and with how quickly halloween came and left I'm honestly still kinda in that mood really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I did! What makes that episode great & show another side of Crockett is it helped demonstrate how passionate & dedicated he was to his work. & it should another side to Don as an actor.

Edited by TubbsGirl1n&Ou7
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...