JAN's "TOM TOM" VICE DRUMS PROGRAMED AS MY PHONE RINGER!

COOPER&BURNETT

I just bought this phone from vtech. It's a hellava phone! It does so much stuff for a house phone.Eingefügtes BildThe look really fits my "MIAMI VICE" style home.One of the cool features is that you can record, and program this phone with anything you want to record as your phone's ringer.I chose a fairly isolated "tom tom" drum that JAN HAMMER used during the 12" MIAMI VICE theme. I only recorded the "tom tom" drum. Now when it "rings", It plays the VICE "tom tom" drums for every ring!I LOVE IT! EVERYTHING is go'in MIAMI VICE!!!(I'm obsessed)

• Administrators

That's pretty cool.I have mostly done away with my home phone. It is only for my fax line now.I use my cell phone 100% of the time.Pretty cool though! Very Vice esx :clap:

It's kind of cool hearing the phone "ring" via JAN HAMMER's (linn drums? Wilson, help me out here) drums. Hell, I called myself twice just to hear it and smile!I can add, and store additional ring recordings as well. Next time, It may be a vocal line from a MIAMI VICE DVD. Perhaps, "FREEZE! MIAMI VICE!" or some line. It will record anything that can be dreamed up.Perhaps I'll find a line about a telephone on the show, and use it.Whatever it is should be short, and sound good repeated.Perhaps IZZY yelling to Manny (who has speakers on and can't hear IZZY in phil the shil's home), "Manny. ........MANNY!!!"

my ringtone on my cell is the original MV theme, when the lead guitar starts ("starring don johnson" moment of montage).my text alert is the MV commercial bumper sound :)as for the "toms", coop, these are a very famous sound in the synth world. everybody is familiar with them, but is not sure where to get them. it's probably because they came with a synth that cost as much as a ferrari: the fairlight CMIEingefügtes Bildthe "tom" sound is a factory programmed (it came already installed) sample called "timbale".these are real timbale drums (think tito puente):Eingefügtes Bildif you're not sure what sampling is, think of ferris beuller playing the star spangled banner with coughs and sneezes on his sampling keyboard. that's how jan's timbales sample works, and that's why they sound so melodic.there will be a quiz next week! :)

Thanks nofretz!Hey, don't you know rick leon? He has that sample. He's used it in his covers. Can he give you this sample? That way you can use them in YOUR covers.Where did you get your MV bumper? I have mine from my orginal beta and vhs tapes.

my ringtone on my cell is the original MV theme' date=' when the lead guitar starts ("starring don johnson" moment of montage).[/quote']Same here, that's my my ringer for incoming calls. I have various, un-MV-related songs for texts, voicemails, etc., though.That's a slick looking phone, C&B, pretty impressive!

Yeah, the phone has incredible features. Bluetooth capability (can use bluetooth cellphones and headsets with it) Able to ad up to 12 more phones to it, programable color lcd screen in the handheld, as well as a microphone and speaker phone in both the base and handheld. It's got a top of the line digital answering machine, and can allow me to call from work to hear my phone messages, or voice mail. Cell phones can do this type of stuff, but this is a wireless home phone. The list of things it can do is staggering.I thought of useing the MV theme itself as the ringer, but just thought that isolating the drums would be a cool way to go!

Thanks nofretz!Hey' date=' don't you know rick leon? He has that sample. He's used it in his covers. Can he give you this sample? That way you can use them in YOUR covers.Where did you get your MV bumper? I have mine from my orginal beta and vhs tapes.[/quote']rick got that sound from me :) i just haven't had a cover yet that uses them. if i ever get to the cover of chase theme from hit list (83 camaro on brickell scene), i'll use them there, finally.pm me for the bumper. i think i got it from lou.

Now that's what I call a phone!Great taste as usual C&B including the choice of a MV ring, whatever you will choose in the end. I'd like to own a cool phone for my new apartment, but I have to save money for the mortgage and other more urgent expenses, like furniture. Otherwise I could surely make wonderful phone calls... but sitting on the floor because there's no money left to buy a couch!And how cruel would it be to get rid of my Garfield phone? No way! It has been a loyal companion of so many love calls when I was a teenager.Can I ask something? What is a "hellava" phone? I looked in the dictionary but I didn't find this word. Thanks.

What is a "hellava" phone? I looked in the dictionary but I didn't find this word. Thanks.

:D:D:D "hellava" is just short or slang for "a hell of a" phone. It's just kind of words thrown together to sound like "a hell of a". :D This phone also has backlit blue lights (perhaps you can see it in the photo). One light is on the phone base screen, and the other is just below the handheld to show it's charging. The lights go with the lights at my place.

i KNEW someone would ask this. i was thinking maybe barb (the talk).we should make a slang dictionary in the glossary. things like: helluva, kinda, gonna, dunno, etc. :)

i KNEW someone would ask this. i was thinking maybe barb (the talk).we should make a slang dictionary in the glossary. things like: helluva' date=' kinda, gonna, dunno, etc. :)[/quote']YO Dude, that would be da bomb, and totally sick if y'all could slap together a totally bitchin thread to poke around in! Righteous idea holmes!! Gimmie five! :clap::)

YO Dude' date=' that would be da bomb, and totally sick if y'all could slap together a totally bitchin thread to poke around in! Righteous idea holmes!! Gimmie five! :clap::)[/quote']Eh?Only kidding! I understood you positively perfectly my fine fellow homosapien!! What 'o from Blighty!!:)

YO Dude' date=' that would be da bomb, and totally sick if y'all could slap together a totally bitchin thread to poke around in! Righteous idea holmes!! Gimmie five! :clap::)[/quote']andyanodat!Eingefügtes Bild

we should make a slang dictionary in the glossary. things like: helluva' date=' kinda, gonna, dunno, etc. :)[/quote']Helluva? :eek: Wasn't it hellava? *Pandina gets ready to scream*IT'S NOT FAIR!!! YOU'RE CONFUSING ME! ;)I already know andyanodat and Choogotitmaing after years spent on a MV forum!Thanks for your slang support C&B and nofretz, and about what you're writing to each other... I don't wanna know!

Helluva? :eek: Wasn't it hellava? *Pandina gets ready to scream*IT'S NOT FAIR!!! YOU'RE CONFUSING ME! ;)I already know andyanodat and Choogotitmaing after years spent on a MV forum!Thanks for your slang support C&B and nofretz' date=' and about what you're writing to each other... I don't wanna know![/quote']Your very cool, and a great sport Pandina.I wonder how I'd feel if someone wrote Italian or German slang in a post. I'd be Soooooooo lost!Amazing how this was to be about MIAMI VICE tom tom drums on a phone ringer, and now I've helped create a slang thread.

Your very cool' date=' and a great sport Pandina.I wonder how I'd feel if someone wrote Italian or German slang in a post. I'd be Soooooooo lost!Amazing how this was to be about MIAMI VICE tom tom drums on a phone ringer, and now I've helped create a slang thread.[/quote']Very cool? Thank you! :happy:So far I knew only one meaning for the word "sport" so I looked in the dictionary and I saw "good humoured loser". *Pandina stamps her feet*WHAT??? A LOSER? I'm spoiled and touchy, so I'm angry now!

pandina, your signature gives me the munchies.munchies - n. plural: Food, esp. convenience snack foods; Hunger; Craving for food as a result of use of cannabis:)

munchies - n. plural: Food, esp. convenience snack foods; Hunger; Craving for food as a result of use of cannabis:)

:) munchies! I love this word, sounds funny!*Pandina reads the entire sentence*Cannabis? :eek:Hey nofretz I thank you so much for your language support, but can I use this word or would people think I use cannabis :o ? The only addiction I have is for M&M, Oreo, Carmex lipbalm (and a hundred of other things ;)).I like this word and I want to use it! :cry:*Pandina gives a sniff*