Robert Loggia aka Frank Lopez has died

Vicefan7777

Just read about the passing of this wonderful actor today.  We all remember him fondly as Tony Montana's boss in Scarface.  He was a prolific actor for over 60 years and could play comedic roles as well as the more serous stuff.  In my opinion he was a easy actor to like and enjoy on screen. May he rest in peace.

post-572-0-90061800-1449286068_thumb.jpg

Learned many words of wisdom from that guy, like "Don't get high on your own supply"  :cool:

...but seriously though he was a ridiculous amount of stuff. Saw him in "Big" the other day. He's one of those guys that popped up everywhere in small roles.

Nooooo! Terrible news. This is a sad day for Scarface fans. He was an marvellous actor and he always gave a great performance in everything he was in. He also did the voice of Ray Machowski in Grand Theft Auto III and he guest starred in The Sopranos too as well as being in many movies including Big, Independence Day, Jagged Edge. He was 85 so he had good innings, unlike Paul Shenar. He passed away way too early and was really missed in movies and TV thereafter.

But it's as Frank Lopez that Robert Loggia will be iconic for. He was absolutely great in the role and was a scene stealer in the film. He had real presence. He was charismatic and really likeable. He had real screen presence and of course that great laugh. But Lopez was ultimately a weak character and wasn't as ruthless as he needed to be which allowed Montana to dominate him and take over his operation easily. His performance really added so much to the film. Every scene with him was great. Probably his best scene was when he was begging for his life. Such a great performance and so many great lines;

"I need a guy with steel in balls. A guy like you and I need him around me all the time.You and your compadre here"

"Lesson number one: Don't underestimate the other guy's greed! Lession number two:Don't get high on your own supply"

"$550 for this bottle. What do you think of that? For a bunch of f**king grapes!"

"You get a guy like that on your side, he breaks his back for you!"

"He's a snake. That's what he is. You turn your back on him, he stick it in.You don't trust a guy like that. You want me to believe Omar was a stoolie because Sosa said so. You bought that line. Maybe I made a mistake sending you down there. Maybe you and Sosa know something I don't know"

"The guys that last in this business are the guys that fly straight. Low key, quiet. But the guys who want it all. Chicas,champagne, flash. They don't last"

RIP Robert Loggia. You ruled, man.

20151205robert-loggia.jpg?w=644&h=430

• Like 3

He also did the voice of Ray Machowski in Grand Theft Auto III 

He also did the narrators voice for the video game Scarface:The World is Yours.I'm a huge Scarface fan and its very very sad to me for this iconic actor to go away.we all have to go one day,its just how the life works.loved the movie with him and Sylvester Stallone "Over The Top" 1987  

Never underestimate the OTHER MANS GREEED!!! HAHAHAH!

You know what a hasa is frank' Its a Pig that dont fly straight!

It did say he was suffering from Althzthemers, as I thought this may have been another case of heart disease or a heat attack or something along those lines, so in a way he may finally be getting a break from that terrible disease and is now in peace, if that's any cold comfort

but there was a lost opportunity in the gta series though

from what I found GTA Vice was actually supposed to be an expansion that takes place in miami, hence the references to Florida that Ernst Kelly, Don Saleri from Mafia, who has passed away himself sadly, hence why he never showed up in mafia 2, as I get the feeling he was supposed to play the grey haired guy with the MG originally that you met in prision, made during the counterfitting missions

meaning that Ray probably would have been a key part of the second game yet again, but it was atleast made up for with scarface the game as I think he also played someone in that.

but how cool would it have been to have not only Torino but Ray in san andreas too, plus Ray was wasted in Liberty City Stories, one cutscene and that was it

F'ing rockstar, I swear every since san andreas its like they only write their humor for Virgins and focus on the stupid stuff lol also it wasnt until recently that I had known that Ray was played by him

also 17:53 too lol

Rest in peace you magnificent bastard lol

Edited by Kavinsky

This one kind of hurt a bit. One of my favorite actors. Lost Highway, Grand Theft Auto III, Scarface, Innocent Blood, he was in the very first Magnum P.I. and in The Sopranos which his episodes I've been watching all day. The things he tried to teach Tony Montana all rang true for Tony in the end "flash, they don't last". His ferocious gangster in Lost Highway stole the show reminding people the rules of the road by force. He also could sell orange juice with the best of them.

His voice alone could move mountains. R.I.P., Mr. Loggia. You were a damn fine actor.