COLOMBIAN TV HATES MIAMI VICE!

COOPER&BURNETT

Another SCRAPBOOK EXCLUSIVE!The Columbian Government, and thier tv stations won't show MIAMI VICE.Eingefügtes Bild

What was the final outcome' date=' anyone?I will bet that Vice has aired in Columbia many times.[/quote']I'm not sure how one would find this information.

• Administrators

I would think that with satellite and the different packages of channels one could buy, I can't see how Columbia could stop it?

I would think that with satellite and the different packages of channels one could buy' date=' I can't see how Columbia could stop it?[/quote']Good point.Back in the 80's, not sure the average columbian resident had the money to afford satellite or cable. It was expensive 20 years ago. They are still a third world nation.I don't know how to find out if they ever officially broadcast it.

• 2 years later...

Hmm.... it could be the crops of "White Mary" that is their national product that makes them look bad.:D

"White Mary"!!! :):)@ Cooper, it would be interesting if any of our South American members know the answer to if Columbia DID actually air Miami Vice. :rolleyes:

"White Mary"!!! :):)@ Cooper' date=' it would be interesting if any of our South American members know the answer to if Columbia DID actually air Miami Vice. :rolleyes:[/quote']They did in Brazil. But columbia?.......I dunno.

Guess the truth hurts! Boo Hoo' date=' get over it![/quote']Miami, with all of it's crime, looked better after MIAMI VICE came to town. Could columbia get the same result? :) If not, oh well, that's the way it goes. :)

I agree Coop...Miami came out smelling like a rose after MV aired...Columbians should not be worried about the kettle being called black!I'm sure Columbians are resourceful enough to either get satallite or at least the dvd's "por-fe vor" (bad spelling I know)

I agree Coop...Miami came out smelling like a rose after MV aired...Columbians should not be worried about the kettle being called black!I'm sure Columbians are resourceful enough to either get satallite or at least the dvd's "por-fe vor" (bad spelling I know)

I agree.Just so you know, this article was from the 80's. It's not recent. Unfortunately, I didn't include the newspapers date. I wish I had on many of them, but usually, the date was no where near the article, and I also had no idea that 25 years later, I'd be sharing these with the world, or anyone. Still can't believe I had the forthought to cut them out and save them in the first place.

Miami' date=' with all of it's crime, looked better after MIAMI VICE came to town. Could columbia get the same result? :) If not, oh well, that's the way it goes. :)[/quote']Norman cay was shutdown because of Miami vice , and after Norman cay shutdown Medellin cartel started to get problem on problem . before Miami vice i wonder if the public did only know what word cocaïne did mean

They did in Brazil. But columbia?.......I dunno.

ColOmbia it´s a thing. Brazil another one totally different. On those days we werent widespread coca producers and inserted in the Florida context. Even today we arent. . In the 80´s, it´s kinda hard dont say (few) colombians werent involved in the background facts who inspired MV. It´s not a personal idea against Colombia people. Unhopeffully, in a 45 minutes episode some facts became stereotyped. I dont blame the colombian people to feel bad about being portraited in Vice.

what the guy in the article may have tryied to say , it's that the series may bring back to life the idea of P. Escobar which him , harmed a lot colombian people

They portraid Italian men as bad guys quite a lot.I didn't see Italy stop the show from airing.....

• 2 weeks later...

They portraid Italian men as bad guys quite a lot.I didn't see Italy stop the show from airing.....

please see no offense in what i'm going to say , but before Al capone there was the antique Rome , and Cesar . before Pablo Escobar most of people you would have asked them to , wouldn't have been able to locate Colombia on a world map , and believe what i'm saying , i lived in Colombia in the 80's . Pablo Escobar was one of the greatest psycopaths ever , and somewhere i understand people that don't want hear talking of him again . i don't think it's the solution but i understand them

Are you kidding me? I think Miami Vice is responsible for a lot of sales and publicity for Italian products: Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Armani suits, Ray Bans...But what's there to promote Colombia? Cocaine? Nobody realized more how many people got killed, tortured and abused just to get the Cocaine business going than the Colombian people.

LOL Now you are talking... :)