Daytona from MV?

-Tom-

Thanx for posting this also...Seems kinda ironic to me as I was searching around yesterday doing some homework on one for an upcoming project I'm planning. Found the body kit thru Rowley Corvette and then looked at a bunch of Corvette donor cars on e-bay to get the ball rolling. I think I'll be ordering the info packet from Rowely soon and start planning how I want to lay this thing out...Who knows? I might be able to make one a year.....Hmmmmm, Could be Interesting...Mike

Better check with Rowley first to make sure they are still making them, and have all the parts first before making any car purchases. I've heard that they may not be making them anymore. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanx for posting this also...Seems kinda ironic to me as I was searching around yesterday doing some homework on one for an upcoming project I'm planning. Found the body kit thru Rowley Corvette and then looked at a bunch of Corvette donor cars on e-bay to get the ball rolling. I think I'll be ordering the info packet from Rowely soon and start planning how I want to lay this thing out...Who knows? I might be able to make one a year.....Hmmmmm' date=' Could be Interesting...Mike[/quote']I'd love to get my hands on a well-made reman of the Daytona.

Better check with Rowley first to make sure they are still making them' date=' and have all the parts first before making any car purchases. I've heard that they may not be making them anymore. I hope I'm wrong.[/quote']I never thought I'd say this....I hope your wrong too....I'll have to check on this...Any others that you know of pop these bodies?? Thanx for the heads-up, COOP

How do you embed a picture within your forum post ? I see the 'Insert Picture' icon above, but it just ask for a URL location, and not specifically to browse a 'My Pictures' on my PC ?I've posted a couple of pictures, but when attempting to upload to an actual forum page...it just loads the shortcut....?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Daytona that the Volo Museum has now. It was prepared by Carl Roberts in the late 80s, shipped to California, and used in the movie "Speed Trap" - thus the camera mounts and other movie-related additions. However, it was not one of the two Daytonas used in the Miami Vice series. We know this because the serial number is not correct for one of the MV Daytonas as well as its being different in interior and in a number of other areas.