The Night Manager

rodriguezisdead

Anyone watch this on the BBC recently? Last episode (6th) aired last night - available on iPlayer as usual for a few more weeks. Couldn't help but compare so much of it to MV throughout - IMO it really is an awful show compared to even an average ep of MV - and we're talking over 30 years later!!

What shocked/surprised me is the amount of good reviews the show seems to have got - last ep dragged in more viewers in the UK than the Queen at 90 docu - I just don't get it - suspect a lot of the viewers were women with the hots for the lead male role... and seriously, he really isn't anywhere near as good-looking as DJ was in the 80's.

Don't get me wrong - I'm no MV-worshipper-and-trasher-of-everything-else-under-the-sun - I've loved so many other shows over the years eg.The Shield, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Luther - but the Night Manager is a seriously over-rated series in my book.

Much more I could write about this, but just wondered what other people thought of it on here (if you've seen it)?