Great song ... but I can't hear it!

airtommy

Several times, I felt that the producer or director of an episode buried a great song by playing it too softly in the background and/or not playing enough of the song:

1.  Trust Fund Pirates"That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd -  We hear it for about a minute, then it fades into the background, then they cut it off entirely.  This is a great, rockin' tune, my favorite by this band.  I felt cheated.

2.  One Way Ticket - "Kyrie Eleison" by Mr Mister - It's never prominent at all in the scene, and I'm not sure if this song is even appropriate for the scene, but it sure would be great to hear that awesome chorus at some point.

3.  Calderon's Demise - "Crockett's Theme" by Jan Hammer - My favorite part of this tune is the beginning, right before the familiar Crockett melody, but we can barely hear it.  They start the dialogue first, then the music.  I would have started with some shots of Crockett consoling Caroline with no dialogue, just the music LOUD, then after about 30 seconds bring down the music and have them talk.

In the first two instances the episodes were so full of critical plot development that they probably didn't have enough time to play out the songs.  Both Trust Fund Pirates and One Way Ticket had a lot of twists and turns.