A Young Saundra Santiago Back in 1983 photo

summer84

mav4bb.jpg

2sb4g77.jpg

Thought I would share this, since Saundra/Gina is my favourite actress on the show. And what better day, than today.

Santiago's Broadway debut in Arthur Miller's play A View From the Bridge.

• Like 4

2ak0hfl.jpg

2md2cyo.jpg

Saundra with her cast members. She was 25 years old in these photos.

So long time ago now.

"Saundra made her Broadway debut in the 1st Tony Award nominated Arthur Miller play, "A View from the Bridge" as Catherine starring opposite Tony LoBianco. She was last seen on Broadway in the Tony Award winning "Nine," starring Antonio Banderas. She continued to perform on Broadway and Off in musicals and plays, including "The Glass Menagerie" as Amanda Wingfield, "The House of Bernarda Alba," the Tony Award nominated musical, "Chronicle of a Death Foretold," "Hello Again," "Spike Heels," (with Kevin Bacon), and even toured the states and Canada with "Evita" as Eva Peron."

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

Excellent information summer84, very interesting how different and more juvenile she looked one year before she became Gina Calabrese. But that irresistible smile is already there.... That guy in the photo with the red sweat pants I think was James Hayden. He died November 1983 from a drug overdose. Here's some more info on that broadway production: https://www.ibdb.com/Production/View/4205

• Like 1

Thanks Daytona365!

I would say Saundra's smile is her trademark. She always has that wide smile in her pictures.                                                                                                                                      

And I guess they made her look more mature with all the makeup and the big 80's hair. Still a beautiful woman. :cool: