The Video Game Thread

James

right now i'm a lot into State of decay 2. a zombie survival open world. i really like to play cat, and mouse with the Z. plus it's made in Romero style, no horror/jumpscares

• 2 months later...

Started playing GTA Vice City recently and I'm really enjoying it. I thought it might be buggy being a ps2 port to the ps4, but so far other than some choppy frame rate it's not bad. I love switching between watching Miami Vice and then "playing Miami Vice" so to speak. I've got my fingers crossed that GTA 6 will be set in Vice City again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried playing Vice City last month with self-made Crockett skins to replace Tommy but they game just wouldnt run on my main PC so I gave up on that idea. Recently I completed San Andreas with a Crockett skin from the Davilex MV Game. With a companion mod and re-skinned it as Tubbs. But as of lately I've been playing GTA:Online, Football Manager 19 & City Car Driving to cure boredom whenever I have a chance to play something.

1 hour ago, BretuL said:

I tried playing Vice City last month with self-made Crockett skins to replace Tommy but they game just wouldnt run on my main PC so I gave up on that idea. Recently I completed San Andreas with a Crockett skin from the Davilex MV Game. With a companion mod and re-skinned it as Tubbs. But as of lately I've been playing GTA:Online, Football Manager 19 & City Car Driving to cure boredom whenever I have a chance to play something.

I believe that Crockett skin would be mine haha. I made a thread about it here about a year or so ago i believe. Looking back at it...not my best work, that's for sure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I believe that Crockett skin would be mine haha. I made a thread about it here about a year or so ago i believe. Looking back at it...not my best work, that's for sure.

I saw the picture of the model with a suit jacket on aswell but I haven't found a link for it. Have you uploaded it to someplace? But I love the skin btw!

I don't remember if I uploaded it anywhere or not but I stopped making GTA SA mods about 2 years ago, and plus eversince I've made a better improved Crockett on Gmod and such especially nowadays.

• Like 1

I've honestly played Vice city to death, so going back to that is a no no, along with how badly Rockstars Handled GTA 5's online mode, but I do really like this little number, its the first game in over 10 years that I've WANTED to do more than one playthrough of, including RDR II which was such a slog to get through.

as its like a cross hybrid of duke nukem and the old valve games they used to make which have sadly long since gone by the wayside that always used to bring everyone together to play them in their respective multiplayer modes

as the amount of friends I made in those games must have been in the hundreds.

basically imagine kind of a game set in the 1990's style of game making set in a demolition man type universe with some dex mixed in made by a cross between 3D relms and Valve without the annoying puzzles that shut down your fun like a ton of bricks in Duke Nukem 3D.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, Miami Wayfarer said:

Started playing GTA Vice City recently and I'm really enjoying it. I thought it might be buggy being a ps2 port to the ps4, but so far other than some choppy frame rate it's not bad. I love switching between watching Miami Vice and then "playing Miami Vice" so to speak. I've got my fingers crossed that GTA 6 will be set in Vice City again. 

Yes it is great.

• 1 year later...

@jpaul1 here’s the actual Daytona Thurmond drove in “One Way Ticket” on display at the Swap Shop in Sunrise, FL. 

I took this photo back in April of 2016 

1534024B-DCCF-4D8D-958E-97D446C7354B.jpeg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

two weeks away, I'm gonna wait till I see more footage before I decide to purchase it.

I would've liked to see them give it more polish but understand the huge cost / demand.

The controls being updated is important as the old titles as near impossible to enjoy now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1828334240_WhatsAppImage2021-11-12at7_13_14PM.thumb.jpeg.53f7eeaaf503bc4ac78c96a4751ba11a.jpeg

it's a shitshow. they've also pulled it from sale on PC because of issues with the launcher which affects GTA V and Red Dead. the studio they handed the project over to Grove Street Games have a reputation of poor work. if it get's any worse they'll be forced to assure people it is going to get patched but that won't fix much. it's a shoddy job, they wanted to charge $60 but not give the games the attention they deserved. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Anyone been enjoying Halo Infinite recently? I'm a huge Halo fan, I like it, it's imperfect I know and the multiplayer is pretty broken with the lack of content and the horrible monetization, but the campaign is kind of fun

On 11/11/2021 at 5:15 AM, Marc said:

I can't bring myself to pay full price when I have a huge backlog of games. 

So, for anyone who has actually played the "Definitive" edition, is it worth it for Vice City alone? I still own the PS2 version, and I know the "Definitive" edition had a ton of glitches and bugs at launch, plus some missing songs, but in spite of all of that, I'm still interested in it for VC due to the graphical upgrade and quality of life improvements. Plus, I wanna hear PMT as Lance Vance again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, AKUS_1985 said:

So, for anyone who has actually played the "Definitive" edition, is it worth it for Vice City alone? I still own the PS2 version, and I know the "Definitive" edition had a ton of glitches and bugs at launch, plus some missing songs, but in spite of all of that, I'm still interested in it for VC due to the graphical upgrade and quality of life improvements. Plus, I wanna hear PMT as Lance Vance again. 

I wouldn't touch it personally. GTA V on PS5 is out March 15, 2022, hoping it is noticeably better but who knows anymore. They've also confirmed publicly the next instalment is in development.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marc said:

I wouldn't touch it personally. GTA V on PS5 is out March 15, 2022, hoping it is noticeably better but who knows anymore. They've also confirmed publicly the next instalment is in development.

Agreed ... The only problem for me now is to find a PS5 ... ;(

• Like 1