Are you a Walk Alone?

Dadrian

Does anyone in your personal life enjoy MV with you?

My wife of 10 years(!! Jeez) has became a Vicer for sure. She is always sussing locations as we watch--an episode every night before bed. She's getting pretty good! Also, "wish I was" is an almost everyday catch phrase with us, among a few other quotes :)

My five year old son listens to MV theme and Crockett's Theme on my phone constantly! He even has me pull up the drum kits on my synths so he can play the tom parts from the MV theme (as he's seen Jan do in the music video), and sings along with the melody. Maybe he will continue my work with the covers one day :) 

What have I done?? :) 

How about you guys?

Edited by nofretz
  • Like 1

It is my escape too.  I have a best friend who understands why I love to dress the Vice look.  Otherwise, I watch episodes alone. 

• Like 1

I feel you guys! It was my solo escape for MANY MANY years, but over the past few years, it has become OUR escape. I would've never guessed it would turn out this way, but still, as I've stated before, nearly nobody outside my household (besides you guys) know the MV part of me. 

• Administrators

Mostly solo. I got my brother into it a few years ago, but he only watched through it once. So I watch solo again. :)

Solo here.  My husband actually got me started watching MV, back during Season 2 when it was first broadcast, but as soon as I started liking it he started not liking it.  

I have tried to pass my love for Miami Vice and other 80s movies - TV-shows, music etc, onto my kid brother. But where I can go on and watch a whole season of Miami Vice within a few days, he would start looking down at his mobile phone or computer within minutes. Sure he does like Phil Collins and GTA: Vice City, but as with many of his age (well, not just his age) today, if there are too much talking and not enough action on the screen, they seem to get tired and have to look somewhere else. I don't really mind though, I enjoy watching Miami Vice alone. Sure it would be fun to have someone who would understand when I use quotes from the show and so on, but most my friends and family watch a couple of TV episodes, then move over to another show and so on, while I'm the odd one out, "stuck" in Miami 1984. :)

Edited by ArtieRollins

• Administrators
4 hours ago, summer84 said:

My mom remembers the show and Don Johnson, from when she watched it back in the 80's, I asked her about it once. I'm watching solo too.

Same over here. My parents used to watch every episode lol

• Like 1

Solo definetly. I borrowed my 1st season dvd box to my best friend years ago. He watched all the episodes but the show did not grow on to him as it did to me. I guess It's the nature of the business, it's the smuggler's blues.

• Like 1

I mostly watch alone but a few months ago my wife watched "Smuggler's Blues" with me, and last week she watched the scene of C & T looking at Willie Nelson's Texas Ranger stuff in "El Viejo."

I shed a tear when Willie died.  ;(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James said:

Same over here. My parents used to watch every episode lol

Same for me...my mom will watch with me occasionally, but most of the time it's just me watching.  That's okay by me though, I like it that way.  :cool:

• Like 2

Pretty much it's just a me thing.  We lived in Miami during the entire Vice original run and the whole family watched it.  Enthusiasm was not universal as I remember.  My kids now insist that I made them watch it (not true - encouragement maybe).  Of course we only had one TV at the time.  For this reason they say they can't stand it now,  I go shooting occasionally with a guy who was a teenager during it's original run, he's the son of an old buddy .  He watched it and loved the show and still has an amazingly accurate memory of some episodes even though he hasn't seen those episodes in many years.   He watches it now and then for the first time since the 80s.  My conclusion is that Vice had a big impact on those who watched the show and enjoyed it.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

It used to be a me thing, but my girlfriend has gotten into the show, as I watched some episodes with her and I've made her a Vicer, she actually likes me doing the Crockett look; thinks it suits me very well. 

• Like 4