Anybody have Calderone's Death uncut?

Detective_Crockett

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I think that covers all of them. Very little was cut from the original episodes and I still wonder why some of them were cut. After managing to clear the music rights to every song used in the show they couldn't get permission to have a guy sing "there's no business like show business"?

Maybe the song was too corny for Miami Vice?

On 7/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, ivoryjones said:

My pleasure, Lou! This one is for you, Detective Crockett!

You might need to answer a riddle to watch the video: "in small letters, write the surname of jack gretsky's best friend"

Thank you for posting this!  I haven't seen that uncut scene in YEARS!

4 hours ago, AzVice said:

someone needs to correct that imdb post about Definitely Miami

Maybe whoever posted that information got only mixed up memories (I've got my own here and there, too), but I am amazed on the amount of wrong information that appears on the internet these days. I remember once reading that there was an alternative end for Freefall shown on cable reruns (it was not about an alternative end being filmed, it was about being shown on TV!). It's a mouth-watering cruelty!!! 

Edited by ivoryjones

• Administrators
22 hours ago, mvnyc said:

Just a guess here, but maybe when that episode originally aired they didn't consider it a song to be cleared for licensing but just dialog and got into some legal snafu afterwards from the music publishing company...

Ok,  then explain parachute pants? :p  Just kidding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I know that this is a very old topic to resurrect, but I've been wanting to see the original death scene as it was intended, and have yet to come across it. Does anyone have it?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, codemaster94 said:

I know that this is a very old topic to resurrect, but I've been wanting to see the original death scene as it was intended, and have yet to come across it. Does anyone have it?

The link in ivoryjones' post on page 1 (post #4).

castillo

Enjoy ;) 

21 hours ago, James said:

The link in ivoryjones' post on page 1 (post #4).

castillo

Enjoy ;) 

Well that was interesting. Entirely different MP5 (HK94) gun sound effect, and they really did a lot more to him getting killed. I just wish that Angelina wasn't so exaggerated. She jumped the shark in this episode the most for me.

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Well that was interesting. Entirely different MP5 (HK94) gun sound effect, and they really did a lot more to him getting killed. I just wish that Angelina wasn't so exaggerated. She jumped the shark in this episode the most for me.

Her screaming is so annoying, I always have to turn the volume down. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Remington said:

Same. Lol they should have just muted her.

All joking aside, think of how much more powerful the emotion was right after Angelina (<-ironically) got blown up in Sons and Lovers—everything muted. except the music score, while everything goes to hell. Those are the real MV moments for me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

All joking aside, think of how much more powerful the emotion was right after Angelina (<-ironically) got blown up in Sons and Lovers—everything muted. except the music score, while everything goes to hell. Those are the real MV moments for me. 

Imagine that with Calderone's death. Would've been a great moment.

7 hours ago, Remington said:

Right, that’s what I meant. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, James said:

Her screaming is so annoying, I always have to turn the volume down. :) 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this!

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Dadrian said:

20 hours ago, Remington said:

Yeah, it probably would've been better if she was silent and crying in shock, and ran up to her dead father, instead of screaming her lungs out. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Remington said:

Personally, I would have recasted Angelina. 

Maybe for a woman who is actually attractive. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@ivoryjonesThanks so much for these clips! I know it’s highly illegal, but I would love to have VHS rips of all the Miami episodes. (It shouldn’t be as I lawfully purchased all five seasons on DVD.) That VHS quality is beautiful! I know VHS can be really poor quality, but your recordings are very nice!

Edited by AndrewRemington