Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Robert Fripp and the League of Gentlemen - Dislocated (1980)

A great sound.

• Like 1

Associates - Affectionate Punch (1980) I think this would suit season 3 or 4, with the band being New Wave. One of my favorite bands. The lead singer Billy Mackenzie did have a song on the show with Yello, he was on the vocals. It appeared in "The Rising Sun of Death" Moon on Ice.

Edited by RedDragon86

My friend just posted a new song. It’s pretty cool that he’s making new recordings at home that sound like they are 35 years old! Kind of reminds me of The Reds’ songs from Rites of Passage. 

• Like 4

On 5/25/2020 at 7:31 AM, RedDragon86 said:

Wang Chung - Hypnotize Me (1986) Maybe season 2.

I love Wang Chung. Their soundtrack to "To Live and Die in L.A. is fantastic, especially "City of the Angels". One day I'm going to try and rip some of the unreleased cues from that flick.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

My friend just posted a new song. It’s pretty cool that he’s making new recordings at home that sound like they are 35 years old! Kind of reminds me of The Reds’ songs from Rites of Passage. 

Dadrian! You have a keen ear! I was going to post my own song in this thread but you beat me to it! I definitely was inspired by the Reds! I tried to get a bit of the vibe of “Till The End” in there, especially with the verse guitar work. “Waiting for You” also gave a bit of inspiration. I love the Reds! They remind me a bit of INXS, whom I also greatly admire. Both band’s singers have a similar style.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Dadrian! You have a keen ear! I was going to post my own song in this thread but you beat me to it! I definitely was inspired by the Reds! I tried to get a bit of the vibe of “Till The End” in there, especially with the verse guitar work. “Waiting for You” also gave a bit of inspiration. I love the Reds! They remind me a bit of INXS, whom I also greatly admire. Both band’s singers have a similar style.

I’d forgotten you were a member here! Please check in often. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I’d forgotten you were a member here! Please check in often. :thumbsup:

Lol, yes I am a member but don’t check in often enough!

I think you may have posted this song a couple weeks ago, but I remixed it and reposted it (I am a perfectionist with music and often see flaws in my own work). Indeed, I wish this song could have been used in Miami Vice! I am inspired by Jan Hammer, as well as Prince, Michael Jackson, INXS, The Fixx, The Cars, The Reds, Billy Idol, Corey Hart, Duran Duran, Wang Chung and so many more. I aim for new wave with a little R&B flavor. I especially try to get a sound authentic to 1982-1986 or so.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Lol, yes I am a member but don’t check in often enough!

I think you may have posted this song a couple weeks ago, but I remixed it and reposted it (I am a perfectionist with music and often see flaws in my own work). Indeed, I wish this song could have been used in Miami Vice! I am inspired by Jan Hammer, as well as Prince, Michael Jackson, INXS, The Fixx, The Cars, Billy Idol, Duran Duran, Wang Chung and many more. I aim for new wave with a little R&B flavor. I especially try to get a sound authentic to 1982-1986 or so.

Among other things, you definitely have the Prince LM-1 drum sounds nailed! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Among other things, you definitely have the Prince LM-1 drum sounds nailed! 

Wow, I definitely take that as a compliment, but I actually use the LinnDrum. I still have my Yamaha RX11 as well, but the LinnDrum is something of a ticket to the 80s. I would love to also get an LM-1, but they are scarce and expensive. The LinnDrum was also expensive, but it was just one of the sounds I had to have! You can’t change the pitch on each instrument, just the snare/sidestick, toms and congas, but I spent days just trying to tweak the snare pitch knob to the right sound for me. I would listen along to many of my favorite songs and try to find the exact same pitch but I realized I had to make it fit my own song.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

This song came out in July 1989 for “Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan”, but I could definitely see it used in Season 5!

• Like 1

And here is another Reds song that I love that could’ve been used on Vice. It was used in the 1985 movie “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge”. Maybe it could fit in “Little Miss Dangerous”?

• Like 3