Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Thankyou @RedDragon86

It's hard to believe not a single Rush song was ever used on MV. There's so many that would have worked. Maybe the band didn't want any of their music to be used?

This was one of Peter Gabriel's favorite bands, he even called them "the future of American Music" while they were on tour with him in 1982. Lead singer Michael Been sadly died of a heart attack in 2010.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buford_t said:

It's hard to believe not a single Rush song was ever used on MV. There's so many that would have worked. Maybe the band didn't want any of their music to be used?

This was one of Peter Gabriel's favorite bands, he even called them "the future of American Music" while they were on tour with him in 1982. Lead singer Michael Been sadly died of a heart attack in 2010.

Yes I agree had that sound - would of worked well in our show.

• Like 2

Much like Sussudio by Phil Collins, I always thought this song was on Vice until I rewatched the series as an adult.  I guess that means it meets the criteria of a song that should've been on the show.

• Like 3

They should have used Tangerine Dream more than once in season 5. Michael Mann was a huge fans as well, I know it would have been out of the question during season 1-4, because it would clash with Jan's work. But songs like this would have been fantastic in season 5, added a special atmospheric sound to the episodes.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, buford_t said:

From '87. Produced by Daniel Lanois, backing vocals by Peter Gabriel. Lanois produced Gabriel's "So" also.

This would definitely work at the end of an episode.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

This would definitely work at the end of an episode.

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

That’s a really good one @buford_t:clap:

The entire album is great. I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't heard it before. U2 is on another track.

https://www.amazon.com/Robbie-Robertson/dp/B000000OQL/ref=asc_df_B000000OQL/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312156453337&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10848441329106343945&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021377&hvtargid=aud-829758849484:pla-490297060307&psc=1

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Diesel - Sausalito Summernight (1980)

A nice fit for "Hard Knocks"

Video not available in USA :(

1 hour ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Kool song ;)

From a 60s traditional jazz band, to a 70s funk band, to an 80s pop band—Kool and the Gang had an unbelievable run at staying relevant!

• Like 3