Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Secret Journey by The Police (1981)

I’m a big Sting fan, but it wasn’t until only a few years ago I realized that album cover was not just some random LCD nonsense, but actually LCD versions of the three band members’ faces! :baby:

• Like 3

if VICE had seen a 6th season, I would have used that song by Steve Winwood from his 1990 album. Great song, great lyrics Topic-wise, that´s a 90s version of Smuggler´s blues. And moodwise, it´s a bit of "Streetwise" and Michael Thompson´s guuitar in season 5 involved. Perfect song for a teaser or a final scene.

Midnight comes
And the devil's loose
What you want
He's got everything there
What you've got
He'll take
And leave you in the cold
One more soul drowns
Another deal goes down
The night is full of danger
Another deal goes down
On the street
The refugees
From a war
That was lost in the heart
One one wants
To see them
And the fire is burning slow
One more soul drowns
Another deal goes down
Another deal does down
Tell me what you're searching for, will you sister
Emptiness inside
You will never fill it up with another thrill
Money spent
All the words are said
Nothing helps
Streets are falling apart
Through the night
They're burning
And the devil's on a roll
One more soul drowns
Another deal goes down
Another deal goes down

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I made a playlist awhile ago of rare Vice feeling songs and never got round to posting them. 

This upload is 8 years old and only has 692 views! 

693* :p

• 2 weeks later...

instrumental 1988.

"The cream of the release is the minor keyed enigmatic textural peice Ayers Rock held into places by a plucked acoustic guitar and electronic drum machine."

nice quote on a review.

• Like 3

Not sure if this would've worked on the show, as this type of 80's rock wasn't used too much, but I can still see/hear it:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Not sure if this would've worked on the show, as this type of 80's rock wasn't used too much, but I can still see/hear it:

Yes would have worked well.

This is a five minute job in iMovie :) The original song by David Knopfler just drags on and is 6:20 so I tried to cut all the crap bits and leave just the best parts. Someone with a real audio app could do a much better job. Here's the full version which only has 1000 views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYE0w21rjgs (1986)

Edited by Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Single was released April 1989, could maybe work in Season 5 or a possible Season 6.

I was thinking "Asian Cut" but that episode came out in January '89.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, jpaul1 said:

Fleetwood M. is for me one of the greatest bands ever

Agreed. Saw them at Wembley in 2019......80,000 people singing along to Go you own way :) Fantastic.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:59 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Like the intro in The Jericho Mile (this version is slightly different but you know what I mean:) ) they should have started an episode with this song.

At an airport waiting for somebody or Crockett and Rico going to meet drug dealers.

Hardly any Rolling Stones that I remember..........

• Like 1

I always felt that this song "No man´s land" would have been a much better fit for the teaser of "A bullet for Crockett". instead of the boring re-use of In the air tonight with wrong lyrics. The mood is perfect for the waster department location and the lyrics are perfect too (e.g. "they come with briefcases full of death, deception and assorted lies".) and then for the shooting and the chase there is a great guitar solo at the end before it stops.

It was released in late 1987. Green in Red was a band that had some personal ties with Naked Prey that were used in "Death and the lady".

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1