Burnett quadrilogy?

Shill

mmm I always get mixed feelings about the ep were Caitlin dies and Sonny shoots Hackman. I never wanted to believe that Sonny shoot Hackman in cold blood ( never saw the pistol the first time I saw this ep on TV) But now I have seen this ep on dvd I was so relieved that Hackman had a gun.Mayby it is a womans point of view but I alway thought they didn't portrait Sonny's grief the wright way. But mayby they did that intentionally with the storyline Crocket turning into Burnet in their minds.When he shoots Hackmann you can see the hurt in his eyes.

I think Crockett was left a big chunk of Caitlins money. THey were married and she carried his child. I don´t think that was why he quit though. I simply believe he was just burnt out. And not having to worry about finances he decided to go " somewhere where the water was warm and the drinks cold" opposite Tubbs who was sthinking bout going back to " the big bad Bronx ".Crockett was in a financiel situation where he did not need to worry about what to do now.

• 3 months later...

Just came upon this thread... very interesting. Burnett saga is one of my favourites too. The writing at the time was in a disarray, though, I have to agree with that, some things seemed very absurd to me, especially after the saga. (I mean - who the hell would give the badge and gun to a police officer whose mental health is questionable, for example?:rolleyes:) But anyway it was very interesting in an emotional aspect, and Don Johnson was an impressive villain. :clap:My opinion may seem weird, but I don't really have a problem with Sonny killing Hackman "in cold blood". And that's what he had done as I see it - well, maybe it wasn't exactly cold, but surely intentional. Of course, murder is not good... but when someone kills your beloved wife and unborn child and gets away with it, moreover, it's the same person who had killed your friend and after that deceivingly had made you save him from prison with your own hands... I think in this case the desire for revenge is kind of natural, especially for a person with such a passionate character. (Of course I don't suggest that everyone should behave like that, but I think you get my drift...) And Sonny must not have too much problem with killing itself after doing his job for a long time and being in Vietman before; (almost) the only difference was that he shot first. As for adding "Forgive Us Our Debts" episode to the trilogy/quadrilogy - I seriously doubt that they knew what would happened in the end of the fourth season while shooting the third one.