Episode 39 - Little Miss Dangerous

miamijimf

Matt,You are right, my mistake. The building next to where the Cop pulls up is between 11th and 12th Street, closer to 12th, on Ocean Court. This just backs up what I have always believed about location sleuthing- it takes teamwork. I think we are close to finding the wall thanks to Dan. I will post more about it later.

WE FOUND IT!The confirmation that Dan and I were looking for. In LMD as we suspected Cat sneaks up on Sonny behind the Casa Causarina and pins him against the wall on the N side of the building. When Versace bought and restored the Mansion in 92, or more recently, the rear of the building was completely changed. I checked with the Library, the Historical Society, and the Preservation League but they couldn't find any photos of the building's rear entrance. Dan even climbed a rusty old circular staircase at the end of the block to photograph the alley in a search for buildings that matched the episode scene. Airtommy provided a clue when he mentioned that the alley (Ocean Court) behind the old Revere Hotel (demolished by Vercace) might be where Archie gets shot in the limo near the end of The Good Collar. He was correct- the Limo does stop behind the the Revere in Good Collar. The episode includes a shot of a Cop driving down the alley behind the Revere which shows a small tile roof over the rear entrance to the Casa. The building that we found earlier is on the left so we knew that alley was used. But in LMD you never see Sonny and the Cop in the same shot so we could not be sure it was the same alley. This screen cap proves it.Eingefügtes BildThe tile roof can clearly be seen on the right in this screen cap from LMD.Eingefügtes BildThanks to everyone that helped solve this mystery.

If you watch the sequence where Archie gets shot close to the end of the episode slowly you can clearly see the limo and following cars turn from Ocean Drive onto 11th past the Revere and stop in the alley behind the Revere. Airtommy pointed out its distinctive grid of windows.See the old postcard below:Eingefügtes BildAlso the alley behind the Revere (Ocean Court) is recognizable from the building we identified while on location mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks Matt. It was a team effort.I know you guys have plenty goin on but I can’t resist bringing this up. There may be more than one unidentified LMD site. I came across a neon sign “Oasis.†IMO this does not look like a Mr. Neon creation but a sign for a real bar. See below: Eingefügtes BildThere was an Oasis bar at 815 Washington Ave. See link http://www.vintageviews.org/vv-3/interiors/pages/int02_005.html Can't find anything about it.Looking at VE there is an alley behind that building. It is a little further away from the alleys we know were used in LMD but it's possible this neon sign was the back entrance to the Oasis. It does look like a back entrance in an alley. This screen cap of Cat walking in an alley doesn't look like any of the alleys we have identified yet. Eingefügtes BildCould he have been filmed walking behind the real Oasis even though that was seven blocks away from the alley near Sex World or could the Oasis sign be just stock footage? The part of the walk down the strange alley and where the Oasis sign appears starts at 33:57 on the DVD. Do you think it's worth investigating on the ground?

• 3 months later...

Last Saturday Dan, Karen (from the Burn Notice Board), and I looked for filming sites in Downtown Miami, Bayside, and the Lincoln Road and SoBe areas of Miami Beach. We found a lot of BN locations. I believe we also found where Cat is standing when he screams "Give me back my girl" in LMD. Eingefügtes Bild You can clearly see the One Biscayne Tower building with its radio tower above his left shoulder and the illuminated International Plaza (now the Bank of America Building) to the right. It was still under construction when first lit up in Dolphin aqua and snowflakes on 15 Dec 85 which matches the shooting dates of LMD. The satellite shot below (with a few newer post-Vice buildings hidden by Google Earth) pinpoints his approximate location on the older and smaller bridge to the Port of Miami on Dodge Island with a red sightline to the Plaza. Eingefügtes BildHe must have been on the older bridge because the larger bridge was not opened until 1991. We took the below pic on Saturday showing the same view today. The new Continental National Bank Building blocks the view of the International Plaza. Also the Bayside Mall and large marina is new. The older bridge is closed to foot and vehicle traffic so we had to take it from the higher and larger bridge just above where he was standing.Eingefügtes BildSites can't hide from this detective.Eingefügtes Bild

Hi JimI'm delighted you tracked down that view from the bridge. Did you go down the alley called Collins Court which ran behind the Oasis bar? Looking on Bing site it appears part of the bar's former site was being demolished (don't know when their maps' pics were taken) but on google maps' street view behind where the bar used to be, there is a drainage channel (like the Ocean Court alley). I'm on my lunchbreak so I haven't been able to take a longer look to see if any original features match up.Sue

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/miamijimf/1_Cat1.jpg You can clearly see the One Biscayne Tower building with its radio tower above his left shoulder and the illuminated International Plaza (now the Bank of America Building) to the right. It was still under construction when first lit up in Dolphin aqua and snowflakes on 15 Dec 85 which matches the shooting dates of LMD. The satellite shot below (with a few newer post-Vice buildings hidden by Google Earth) pinpoints his approximate location on the older and smaller bridge to the Port of Miami on Dodge Island with a red sightline to the Plaza. Eingefügtes BildHe must have been on the older bridge because the larger bridge was not opened until 1991. We took the below pic on Saturday showing the same view today. The new Continental National Bank Building blocks the view of the International Plaza. Also the Bayside Mall and large marina is new. The older bridge is closed to foot and vehicle traffic so we had to take it from the higher and larger bridge just above where he was standing.Eingefügtes BildSites can't hide from this detective.Eingefügtes Bild

Great stuff Jim, that must be it now for all the "LMD" Locations , huh?:D

Great stuff Jim' date=' that must be it now for all the "LMD" Locations , huh?:D[/quote']Thanks. No believe it or not there are at least one or two alley shots left. That's what's neat about Vice, there are always more. I've given up on the Oasis sign, probably doesn't exist anymore anyway. On my next sojourn in Feb I plan to rent a boat and take photos of several episode locations from the water. Two other Vicers plan to come along. Anyone else interested PM me.

Thanks. No believe it or not there are at least one or two alley shots left. That's what's neat about Vice' date=' there are always more. I've given up on the Oasis sign, probably doesn't exist anymore anyway. On my next sojourn in Feb I plan to rent a boat and take photos of several episode locations from the water. Two other Vicers plan to come along. Anyone else interested PM me.[/quote']Wish I was near Miami - just to check out those locations. However , saying that Biscayne Bvld and Marina look kind of ugly with those new buildings - too congested .I mean , you cant even see the Boa Tower from the Port of Miami Bridge at that angle and the Wachovia building is no longer prominent. The best skyline was the MV 84-89 period.:D

• 2 months later...

To show continuting research on this episode, here is a photo of the "Safe House" from the water that I took on a recent boat trip with airtommy and DanJ. The back of the house looks surprisingly small close up. I think this house holds the record for the most appearances in Vice. It was in Evan, Little Miss Dangerous, Lend Me An Ear, Honor Among Thieves, and Fruit of the Poison Tree. When she saw this photo recently Fiona (Jackie in LMD) said she never realized the house was on the water.Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks Jim a lovely shot.:DI wonder if Jackie was shipped in for the filming by the Production team at night and then out again with quite a quick turnaround.

Thanks Jim a lovely shot.:DI wonder if Jackie was shipped in for the filming by the Production team at night and then out again with quite a quick turnaround.

I don't think it was the length of time she spent at the house as much as where the Safe House scenes took place. All were indoors. I don't think she was rushed. In her interview on .ws she said there was rehearsal time for most scenes except the one at the Anchor Hotel. She said the entire cast and crew was nice and the director was very friendly. Plus it was a few years ago.

airtommy, using his skill with satellite maps, was able to find Cat's route over the rooftops as he begins his search for Jackie. For a detailed description go to link. It's slightly more than half way down the page and begins with "Most of Cat's search for Jackie was filmed . . . "

• 1 month later...

I believe I found yet another previously unidentified filming spot. We have known that most of Cat's search for Jackie was filmed in an alley named Collins Ct. just South of Espanola Way and close to "Sex World." This is where he walked across the roofs, went down the stairs, talked to the street people, and is seen walking. But the walking shot below was a mystery because it doesn't look like the same section of Collins Ct. Eingefügtes BildThis above cap is hard to match because it is almost from ground level, darkness, and the distortion caused by the angle. It clearly is a SB alley and we know he is headed North from the streetlights and the Do Not Enter sign. I think he is walking just North of 11th Street on Ocean Ct and the white building to the left is the rear of the old Revere Hotel, torn down by Versace when he expanded the Casa Casuarina post Vice. This makes sense because previous research has shown the scene where Cat holds up Sonny with a knife was filmed in this alley. It was filmed in back of the Casa Casuarina just a short ways further north of the above screen caps location.The screen cap below from Score or Golden Triangle Pt 1 behind the old Revere Hotel appears to be the same location looking North down Ocean Ct. (the opposite direction) We know it was filmed at the corner of 11th Street and Ocean Ct. If you match the features which are numbered the same on both screen caps they appear to be the same section of the alley just seen from a different direction and angle. Some of these features are rather indistinct but I think the features plus the location make the case for a match. Eingefügtes Bild

I was skeptical before' date=' but now I'm in total agreement. Those details have convinced me. Well done![/quote']Thanks that's high praise from someone so strong with the force.

Thats great detail ' date=' Jim and seems to match up perfectly.:D[/quote']Thanks Matt now if I could only find the Cryo Lab in The Big Thaw before it's too late. I'm not getting any younger.

Wait a sec, does this mean that this ep is completed? Has every single camera shot been found? If yes, wow!!!

Wait a sec' date=' does this mean that this ep is completed? Has every single camera shot been found? If yes, wow!!![/quote']Finding all these sites has been fun and a real team effort. The only mystery left I can think of is the Oasis sign shown on pg 11 of this thread.