Ghostbusters 3?

sredd

Some might say they ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones, now they can do the same with Ghostbusters. I keed.I wonder how are the relations between Bill Murray and Harold Ramis these days. Murray fell out with Ramis during the making of Groundhog Day and they didn't speak to eachother for many years. I heard unconfirmed reports that relations between them improved recently and they started talking to eachother again. I'm not sure if the validity of that though

Some might say they ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones' date=' now they can do the same with Ghostbusters. I keed.[/quote']No, I agree. The second one already smoked the bone. First is a classic, though.I also can't figure out when Murray became this temperamental artist, or how he gets away with being so "difficult."

Murray was always very difficult, temperamental, egotistical but I've always been a huge fan of Bill, but only for his comedy roles. I don't like this serious stuff he's been doing since Rushmore. Murray is one of the greatest screen comedians. We want funny Bill, not serious Bill.

Murray was always very difficult' date=' temperamental, egotistical but I've always been a huge fan of Bill, but only for his comedy roles. I don't like this serious stuff he's been doing since Rushmore. Murray is one of the greatest screen comedians. We want funny Bill, not serious Bill.[/quote']I tend to agree. Bill Murray is the dude, but really only in comedies. I'd easily rank him in my top five favorite SNLers of all-time. In all fairness, I'm not super familiar with his dramatic work, but nevertheless, Murray's awesome, and I hope GB3 becomes a reality outside of just a video game (which I'm stoked for anyway).

Murray was always very difficult' date=' temperamental, egotistical but I've always been a huge fan of Bill, but only for his comedy roles. I don't like this serious stuff he's been doing since Rushmore. Murray is one of the greatest screen comedians. We want funny Bill, not serious Bill.[/quote'] I liked Murray before all the serious stuff also (although Akroyd is great and went on to do Grosse Pointe Blank and the Dragnet comedy) he was great in Ghostbusters but my favorite is the groundskeeper on Caddyshack, "To defeat the animal, you have to think like the animal." Hope they don't screw it up, though, look at the last few retreads, Star Trek?! Looks like trash, Star Wars?! George Lucas, there was no need to make prequels.

Carl in Caddyshack is probably my favourite Bill role too ("If I kill all the golfers they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key"). Classic role and classic movie. Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day are classics too.What About Bob? is one of my favourites of Bill's. He's a nutcase who follows his shrink Richard Dreyfuss on vacation and drives him crazy. Absolutely hysterical movie that never gets old.I also high recommend Quick Change, where he robs a bank dressed as a clown. Greivously underrated comedy that's hilarious, clever and has a great cast.I also loved Bill's funny cameos in Ed Wood and Wild Things.I don't like all of Bill's stuff. I never liked Stripes. I just never thought it was that good (although Zito is in it). The best thing about Meatballs is the friendship between Bill and Chris Makepeace. I always loved that. Really touching, believable and beautifully acted by both of them. But apart from that Meatballs is pretty bad. The comedy is very lame and laugh free. Bill is uncharacteristically wacky in it. . He's funnier when he's laid back and deadpan.

I actually did enjoy his dramatic turns in Lost in Translation and, especially, Broken Flowers (Vicers, see it for no other reason than he plays a lifelong womanizer named "Don Johnston.")But I think the key to his succes in dramatic roles has less to do with his performance than the weight of expectation he brings to the performance. Seeing Venkman go all dramatic leaves an undeniable impact.But I still don't get how he gets away with being such a diva. It's not as though he's on any Hollywood-types list of guys who can "open" a movie.

ton.")

I also enjoyed these films very much and it puts Murry on another level now as a serious actor. I think his job in "The Razors Edge" was also a big turning point.Doing another GB movie might be harmful to his career??? Any thoughts on this?Do we really need another sequal?

Carl in Caddyshack is probably my favourite Bill role too ("If I kill all the golfers they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key"). Classic role and classic movie. Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day are classics too.What About Bob? is one of my favourites of Bill's. He's a nutcase who follows his shrink Richard Dreyfuss on vacation and drives him crazy. Absolutely hysterical movie that never gets old.I also high recommend Quick Change' date=' where he robs a bank dressed as a clown. Greivously underrated comedy that's hilarious, clever and has a great cast.I also loved Bill's funny cameos in Ed Wood and Wild Things.I don't like all of Bill's stuff. I never liked Stripes. I just never thought it was that good (although Zito is in it). The best thing about Meatballs is the friendship between Bill and Chris Makepeace. I always loved that. Really touching, believable and beautifully acted by both of them. But apart from that Meatballs is pretty bad. The comedy is very lame and laugh free. Bill is uncharacteristically wacky in it. He seems more like Robin Williams than Bill Murray. He's funnier when he's laid back and deadpan.I think Bill and Steve Martin are my two favourite comedy actors.[/quote']Sadly I haven't got a chance to see Groundhog Day, I want to though, I thought Stripes would be funny, I saw the previews on a DVD of him driving a cab and some woman screaming "you'll kill us all!" and he's saying something like "no, no I can't watch that." and covering his eyes, but I watch a bit on HBO and it's just not funny, I saw some of Quick Change, where at the end one of the actors who was on That 70's show takes a hostage and Bill gets away with it.

I also enjoyed these films very much and it puts Murry on another level now as a serious actor. I think his job in "The Razors Edge" was also a big turning point.Doing another GB movie might be harmful to his career??? Any thoughts on this?Do we really need another sequal?

One problem I see is that they will pick doofuses to play the young leads, like those morons on the American Pie Imberrassments to mankind.

You could say Stripes is a comedic Full Metal Jacket. Bill is Pvt. Joker, John Candy is Pvt. Pyle. Sgt. Hulka is a complete p***y compared to hardass R. Lee Ermey though