IS Miami Vice style over substance?

Pal

When I first saw the Miami Vice pilot in 2006 as a promo for the film I was shocked at how good it was compared to modern shows like CSI Miami. I'm still watching Miami Vice seasons 1 -3 on dvd (I have never seen such a good' date=' clean looking show with such likable characters like that before)and some season 5 episodes (which looks abit like they moved to new york and started practicing up for the show "law and order" but its still good) when im in the mood. But I stoped watching CSI awhile ago because of the boring dramatic stories about the characters I hate, the screwed up filtered look and outlandishly boring, cheap looking specal effects in place of real action.Even when Miami had lost it abit in the 4th season there we're still some good episodes and the characters we're still way better than what csi miami is shelling out now and hell Edward James Olmos should sue David Caruso over the theft of his character.so while theres alot of style there's also alot more substance to balance it out, and compared to most cop shows miami vice seasons 1 and 2 beats them hands down, with the exception of NCIS[/quote']Amen, vice brother! There has NEVER been a CSI (which sucks), CSI:Miami (also sue them for their rip-off of the Calderone's Demise idea when they went o Brazil, come on, you know where they got a rogue revenge story from!) or Law & Order (the only good crime drama left on television) as good as a majority of Miami Vice episodes. Has there ever been a CSI as good as, lets say, Evan or Out Where The Buses Don't Run? I think not! A CSI:Miami as well written as Hit List or The Fix? Nope? Did Law & Order ever get as exciting as Indian Wars or Hostile Takeover? Okay, bad example, there was a huge thing in the late 90's where Law & Order recycled the "Doctor/Shrink kills wife/lover and wife/lover puts him away while McCoy blabs on about right and wrong (a lawyer knowing right and wrong? that's news to me!)" story for a gagillion episodes, maybe an epsiode where a mobster played by a later Sopranos alumni would show up. (seriously, I checked their filmographies, I think Tony is the only one who wasn't on one, AJ was recently on one.) Vice is THE best cop show ever, perfect blend of STYLE (screw you, critics, go watch your bland Shakespearian crap!), music, action and substance. Did it have it's ups and downs, sure! ( *cough* The Dutch Oven and Miracle Man *cough*) There HASN'T been a show with them. To me, Vice is one of the three best shows ever, shows that prove tv can be just as good and sometimes even better than movies. (Twin Peaks, Miami Vice, and The Sopranos, those are my top faves.) P.S. Caruso should be sued for just being Caruso!

I just had a minidrama experience as I read your post, 47. First, there was this line that had me scratching my head and wondering if you were high on cough syrup:(screw you, critics, go watch your bland Shakespearian crap!)But then there was this line, which made up for everything because it was so damn funny! P.S. Caruso should be sued for just being Caruso!:D:clap::thumbsup:

I was saying that there hasn't been a single crime show that has reached the sheer depth and style of Miami Vice, the screw the critics thing comes out of the fact that every critic compares every show and movie to a Shakespeare play or something. The P.S thing? Well, Caruso does stupid poses (remember those dumb poses cooper&burnett was talking about with Luke Skywalker? Watch Caruso stand there with his hands on hips, sunglasses on and try not to laugh, put a brick through your tv or roll your eyes!) Just was stating that there hasn't been a cop show as good as Miami Vice, sorry if it was confusing, I really need to get back to writing my book on these shark-jumpers and let out all the rge and f-bombs that come to mind while watching them, sorry for the confusion!:o