Favorite Star Wars Film?

agent 47

How about a new poll? This weeks, what is your favorite Star Wars film? Sorry if a new film poll thread is overdue but it's been too crazy and hectic recently.

Ah come on guys the birth of Vader has to conquer everything else here - we waited 30 years for it - makes waiting almost 20 for Miami Vice on DVD pale into comparison!!The 'Galactic Genocide of the Jedi' scene (all of 2 minutes) alone has to be worth the vote.Part 3 is deliciously dark...

Lucas did the impossible. The prequels are actually so bad, they do sully the reputation of the original trilogy.

Eh, the prequels aren't that bad (especially Sith). Of course, the first one (Episode 4, A New Hope, Star Wars, whatever you call it) is still the best.

• Administrators
Lucas did the impossible. The prequels are actually so bad' date=' they do sully the reputation of the original trilogy.[/quote']Well, I think the shoes he had to fill to bring the whole story together to make sense and meet up with New Hope were not only tremendous but it was pretty much a Herculean task.I, my self, though the first 3 were pretty good. Number 1 was a little silly, but he had to start somewhere to explain Darth Vader / Anikin Skywalker's beginnings. Number 2 was a lot better and number 3 really tied the whole story together.

Guest neworder

Although ive voted i hate sci-fi, i do to be fair, number 6 is quite enjoyable, and 4+5 aint too bad either.The newer ones, 1,2&3 are absolutely diabolical.But yea overall I hate Sci-fi, which is why i hate Missing Hours :p

I just went ahead and voted (the results will show up faster if I've already voted, hope it's not election fraud!) I voted Return of the Jedi, I love how they closed the trilogy! I also love the forest stuff.

1977's STAR WARS was a masterful piece of art. Congress saved it along with other noteworthy films to be chosen to be saved, and preserved for all time. Five more films were made because of it.Lucas is a genius. Even if one doesn't care for the prequels, YOU'D have made them too if you wanted a billion or more dollars from films, DVDs, toys, licencing, etc.Don't tell me you'd turn down that kind of money, because you wouldn't.Revenge of the sith was the best of the prequels by a very long shot.THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK has been thought of as one of the very greatest sequels ever made (along with GODFATHER II).Episode one The Phantom Menace was the worst, and would be great for an 8 year old. Perhaps a 7 year old.Return of the jedi rocked bigtime!

It's a tough call between the original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back for me, but I went with the original, as it's a stand-alone movie. ESB is a fantastic movie, probably the best of all SW films, IMO, but it has story that continues into ROTJ, which always sat a little uneasy with me. So, while ESB is admittedly better (but not by a wide margin), I think the original's my favorite. I've flip-flopped between the two on this issue for years now, however.I haven't seen Sith, but the first two prequels are serious junk. Episode One is just awful. It was impossible for Lucas to live up to expectations, but man, that's the best he could have come up with?! All IMO, of course.BTW, where's the option for the Holiday Special? ;););)

• Administrators

I saw the original trilogy when they were in the theaters. They were entertaining but even then a bit childish? When I saw the band playing in the bar scene of the original I thought I was watching the muppet show. Caught the 4th movie (which is really the 1st movie?) and got as far as Jar Jar Binks. Turned it off and swore off of Star Wars forever. Hey, what can I say, I've always been a Star Trek fan anyway.

The Empire Strikes Back.I enjoy the prequels. Sith is great. Attack of the Clones has it's flaws. I enjoy The Phantom Menace . If it was all dark then there'd basically be 6 dark films. Not into that. It's a beautiful looking movie too.